Princess Maker

Shameless plug, but of interest go classic game fans.

ITEM KB007 Princess Maker Cospa Plus Card
Product category: Trading card Number in stock: 14
Weight 50 grams Price $4.50
One of the single most popular games in the simulation realm from Japan is Princess Maker. This series of games has a huge following of fans who enjoy the life simulations they present. Now you can get a pack of 10 cards from the game itself featuring costume cards, ending cards, rival cards, character illustrations and much more. There are 10 different categories of cards including specials for a total of 117 cards to collect. Get your pack today!

http://images.jlist.com/c8/princess_maker_d89.gif
http://images.jlist.com/c8/princess_maker_d90.gif

Click to search → http://www.jlist.com/cgi-bin/shop.cgi?ss=KB007&function=search&rating=R

Nothing wrong with a shameless plug now and then…

Looks nice. I still would rather play the game though…

Very well designed simulation game. My twin sister still has PM2 for the Saturn.

… drat. i was SO hoping you were going to announce someone finally had the rights to finish and distribute Princess Maker in english.

whines quietly

I think this would be a game, a series of games, it would be nice for a company that brings over games already to try and bring over, I bet it would sell better then people have thought in the past.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Well if they did I don't think it would sell because the game is so outdated compared to the newer products. Do we want 16 color EGA graphics? No voices and a few speaker beeps for sound effects.
You would need a whole new rewrite.

Actually I would not mind one, or the entire collection packaged as one, with no voices, few speaker beeps for sound effects and 16 EGA color graphics, be a nice bit of nostalgia so to wanting the rewrite I say: Not I, for one I think it is time to take some of the old and bring them over as 'classics'. I still say you market the good ones right and you will sell them, whatever was the failure example that people are ready to give could be for a number of reasons. One clear advantage this game has is people already wanting it to come over.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-03-2004).]

It wouldn’t sell if you tried to price it like a new game, no. It might not even sell anyway - I sell (affiliate) Graduation, and nobody buys it, even though it’s incredibly cheap. (Well, I bought it.)

But I, and many other diehard fans, would happily pay $15-25 for a real, legal copy of PM2 with the last few endings completed (the beta everyone plays is incomplete, you only get partial data.) Since MOST of the game is put together and translated, it seems like it shouldn’t cost THAT much more to fix and finish it.

Obviously it would be better if it could include some of the other PM games which we haven’t been able to play at all in English.

Many people, self included again, would gladly work for free to get the stupid things translated! Give me the code, I’ll badger random Japanese people into translating!

Er, I sound overenthusiastic again, don’t I.

That’s sort of what I meant, maybe you group the first two or three together and sell them for around 30 dollars, that way it’s really only 10 dollars a game and you do have the fan base that will probably pay that much for the games as a set.

Did they redo all the graphics for the new version, I wonder?

For PM2?

I am not sure I know there were some ending graphics ‘missing’ and at least to me they did not look that old in a copy I saw of a ‘beta test’ or whatever it was called for a version they never released English.

For the type of game it is, the graphics kind of remind me of some of the graphics from games being released today, more the cardboard cutouts that move on a fixed background, maybe not as refined but that style.

Yet if those cards you are showing are part of PM2 those look like entirely new graphics to me, are those from PM2 or a later Princess Maker, if you know?

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-12-2004).]