Problem starting Yume Miru Kusuri

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, we’re working on troubleshooting this issue now. The first thing I’d recommend trying is opening the op.dat file in your install folder in Windows Media Player - while it’s just a standard MPEG-1 video file, if it doesn’t play on your machine that could be what’s causing the hang at launch.

I’m investigating another angle right now where it’s possible that the game defaults to full screen mode at install, and bugs out when it tries to go fullscreen at a non-4:3 resolution. Will get back to you on this.

Edit: Seems the game defaults to window mode on a fresh install. I still think the problem has something to do with video playback; we’ll look into this further and contact the Japanese maker for assistance if we can’t get it cleared up soon. Apologies for the terrible inconvenience.

It probably wouldn’t hurt to try forcing your monitor into a 4:3 resolution and running the game, as that still might be the culprit, though at this point it’s hard to say.

[ 06-04-2007, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

We’re in the process of contacting the original Japanese maker with this issue right now. They should get back to us ASAP, but in the meantime if you have access to a different computer you could test the game on it might be worth giving it a try there just to make sure you don’t have a defective disc.

Apologies again for the frustration caused by the game not working, we’re doing everything we can to figure out what’s causing the problem.

Wow, that’s great news… thanks for letting us know. We’re waiting for an answer from Will right now and hopefully they’ll be able to enlighten us on the problem so we can prevent it from being an issue for others.

Edited by Mystvan

[ 06-18-2007, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]

oh that…ya i hated the k-lite codec coz it did a similar thing to my computer as well, i personally wouldnt recommend installing those codecs at all unless you really know what you are doing

Well, my aniki had the same problems with k-lite codec pack… When he start watching certain animes and/or execute CyberScript, after soon, the sound/audio/voice always sound raucous, if the animes characters and/or CyberScript’s voices had caught a cold.

He uninstalled this codec pack, but, unfortunately, it was useless. The problems continued… He finally backup his personal archives/files to other Slave HDs, formatted his Master HD and reinstalled OS.

I strongly suggest to install ONLY ORIGINAL DivX codec, ONLY ORIGINAL XviD codec and other respective INDIVIDUAL/SINGLE codecs (for SPECIFIC/PECULIAR formats: OGG, MKV, etc.).

[ 06-11-2007, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Myst-Vearn (Mystvan) ]