Problems getting School Days HQ to run. Halp!

I downloaded all the bin files of School Days into a folder on my desktop and extracted the setup Zip folder and ran the setup. After the setup finished installing the game, I clicked the desktop icon and a pop appears saying, "Please Insert Disc 2 of School Days HQ." I have the digital copy of School Days and I have no idea what to do next.

https://connect.jastusa.com/support/solutions/articles/5000560429-school-days-is-asking-for-insert-disc-2-when-running-the-game

I figure that this is already an ancient thread, but I'm having a problem with School Days HQ myself to make it run, so I thought it'd be best to post here, instead of opening a new thread.
I totally forgot to run the 1.02 patch.
When trying to install it, I get this (see attachment).

So, what am I supposed to do now?
I have more than enough free disk space, tried running it with and without administrator privilegues, nothing.

Strange, you can probably just copy the files into the school days folder manually (just rename the old files to .old or something just in case)

How would that be possible?
The file is a .exe. Meaning that simply putting the .exe in the school days folder won't change anything, as the actual data is stored in the patch itself.
If you want to view a video in a .rar file, you don't try to play it directly, you extract it first. That isn't possible with the school days patch.

I'm having what I feel is a strange problem with playing School Days HQ.

It all installed successfully and opens up without a problem, however when I click on start the screen goes black for a moment then returns to the main menu. The options button works and I can change every option. The load button works also, even though there isn't any save to load yet. I can even look at the route map, though again there isn't really anything to see yet. The only thing that won't work is the starting a new game.

@Shinigami You probably need to set an exclusion for the install folder then reinstall the game with the antivirus off. I'm guessing norton or mcaffee etc is deleting game files.

Thank you so much. I have been wanting to play this game for a year, but I was 17. Imagine my disappointment when I could finally buy it legally, spent fifty bucks on the package edition, and it didn't work. Thank you again.