Problems with "Runaway City" of the JAST Memorial Coll

Hello minna-san!

Does anybody else experience problems with “Runaway City” of the JAST memorial Collection? I am thinking about contacting JASTs support, but I first want to make sure if it’s just me:

The first time, the main character visits Shoko at her house (that’s the time, when the threesome is supposed to happen), I only get no option of talking with Shoko herself, but only with the “GAIJIN” (= Yumirin, who is at that time waiting outside of the room and thus her presence should still be secret to the main character anyway).

Is there somebody else with the same problem?

Of cause, the same problem doesn’t occur with the original DOS-version. I suspect, the gamescript has been damaged when it was merged with the scripts from “3 Sisters Story” and “Season of the Sakura” in order to become an integrated program that plays all three games.

Still no-one that could either confirm or disprove my suspicion?

Am I the only one who ever played “Runaway City” of the JAST-Memorial Collection?

I really don’t want bother JAST’s support if it’s just me because I still can play it in it’s original DOS form and I don’t care about this game that much anyway.

Sorry Unicorn-san, I know I’ve fallen behind on my play throughs. Still havn’t finished Come See Me Tonight and Season of the Sakura and May Club still have priority for me in the Memorial collections. Don’t know when I’ll get around to Runaway City.

I played Runaway City (in the memorial collection version) shortly after it was distributed by J-List. So my memory is rather foggy on your part of the game.

My problem with Runaway City I wasn’t able to finish the game. Kept getting the bad ending.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

I got to the part with the tree god. Followed the walkthrough Woodhouse posted at gamfaqs.com, but still couldn’t get the good ending.

[This message has been edited by Ecchifan (edited 05-02-2003).]

Hmm… I forgot to put down walkthru on Runaway City.

Just I got good ending. Also I finished this game without hinting.

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
I played Runaway City (in the memorial collection version) shortly after it was distributed by J-List. So my memory is rather foggy on your part of the game.

My problem with Runaway City I wasn't able to finish the game. Kept getting the bad ending.

I see. So, if you got through to a bad ending, my problem has to relate to my computer only. In that case, I don't want to bug JAST's support with my problems because "Runaway City" is a game I really don't care about. I am already happy being able to play "3 Sisters Story" and "Season of the Sakura" on XP.

Just to let you guys know it IS possible to win the game and unlock everything. I did run into problems like you guys, though, so I know what you’re talking about. Sometimes when you need to progress but there are no choices available you can still click “dead” choices on the screen that you have already used or are hidden and should be able to continue with the game.

Well I can’t say for certain how I passed it, I simply did. I clicked every option at every opportunity I was supposed to and even those dead options I spoke of. Maybe you missed a conversation somewhere and actually did lock yourself in a dead end. Check a walkthrough online and give it another shot and see if you run into the same problem again.