Problems with Tokimeki Check-in 1.1 and Target Pheromone

Just as the thread title states, I’ve had a few problems with those games from their respective 2 in 1 sets.

While the problems with tokimeki check-in is only minor (the first video is a black screen and the second only goes around ten seconds in before freezing (the whole game doesn’t freeze, just the video) whilst the audio still plays in the background), target pheromone stops responding after the initial video which meant that I had to force close it through task manager (I couldn’t even get back to the desktop), fix the broken screen resolution and log out and back in to restore the task bar.

The computer in question is running windows XP SP3 which is fully up to date (including directX which I had to sort out after moero downhill night blaze wouldn’t work).

Since I’m not getting any response to problem two, here’s a quick question.

Can I force Target Pheromone to run in windowed mode by adding the WndPos entry into its registry entry?

Well the answer to that is no since I tried that, and it didn’t work so can I take the full registry entry for the game from my windows 8 laptop (where it is working) and put it on the desktop?

Nevermind, it turns out that it was a glitch that caused the problem with target pheromone (although it does have the habit of either going into the background every once in a while or the window flashes every few clicks), but there’s still the issue with the faulty videos on the updated version of tokimeki check-in which wasn’t present in the original CD required version (although if I don’t hear how this got screwed up, I’ll probably have to try and dig the original files out of the setup file which is turning out to be a problem since 7zip (which should be able to open .exe files as archives) can’t open it so I can look at the contents of the file).

I’ve been able to fix the initial video by dumping the files I thought controlled the video from the original version to the new version, but it still hasn’t fixed the broken opening video.

I apologize for not replying sooner. So at this point, you’re only having trouble with the opening of Tokimeki Check-In? I will attempt to locate the original files and figure out what we broke.

It’s only the opening at the moment as I managed to get the ‘skit’ scene when the game is started fixed by taking op1.zbm - op12.zbm, op_anm1.zbm - op-anm3.zbm, opend.zbm and oplogo.zbm from the original version and putting them into the new version (both aren’t installed at the same time as I removed the updated version before installing the original version and copying the files I thought would fix everything), but the video on the opening still stops at the same point.