Question about copyright

Hello all, I hope I am posting this in the right forum category.

I am looking to work (non-commercially) on the wikia for Littlewitch Romanesque and am concerned about copyright issues with regards to showing, for example, images of the characters on their dedicated pages. Could someone let me know the official policy with regard to copyright for this game? Can I use images directly from the game? Can I use fan art of the game (assuming of course I work out the matter of copyright with the creators of said fan art)? Do I credit the artist (the wonderful Ashito ?yari), the game, the creators of the game, the publishers of the game, …? How about sounds or music?

Thank you in advance for the information.

Publicly available images on the official Japanese or English sites, Steam, J-List, or from the Japanese trial version are fair game. Limit the use of screenshots of CG (which are valuable game assets). Screenshots of gameplay can be used unrestricted. Try to avoid use of fan art, which would not accurately represent the contents of the game. The English license belongs to JAST, so you should credit them for images taken from the English version. Of course, this being a wiki, you should mention the developer and artist somewhere too.

I’m not sure why you’d want sounds or music on a wiki page, but anything on the official Japanese or English sites or from the Japanese trial version is fair game.

Thank you very much, that helps a lot. I wasn’t really going to use fan art or music/sounds anyway, but I just thought I’d ask about them too for completeness and just in case. I will be sure to credit both JAST and the developer and artist, like you suggested.

A youth that respects copyright with religious fervor; I wittness you, Vincent Oostelbos, you shall ride eternal, shiny and chrome.

A Wiki is an educational/informative tool, so fair use is on your side. Thanks for asking.