Quick review Secret Wives Club

Hello again it’s time for another issue of Wanfu2k1’s quick review

Well getting it yesterday I was able to mess with it a little last night. First I’ll give you my impression of the graphics and sound. The graphics are really well done. I definately like how these women look especially chisato While there is only 3 women in the game there are many scenes involving the women. Unfortunately many of the scenes use the same graphics. Basically each bar has only 1 CG with slight variations every time the bar goes up. The sound is your standard bishoujo midi bgm sounds. I’m starting to think all bishoujo games share the same bgm track Now for my take on the gameplay.

The game is pretty fun but all you training sim guys are going to be a little dissapointed. It’s not a training sim. It’s more of a adv. While you do train the women you really have no choice which order you can train them in. The one screen looks like you can choose how to train your club mates you cannot. There is only once choice available for each woman. Then you have to fill up that bar before you get the next choice down. So far each bar takes around 2-3 clicks before it gets filled. It’s pretty fun and I like how you advance in little steps in getting the bar filled and the woman accepting what you are doing to them. i.e. accepting anal stuff.

Overall it’s a fun game so far. Everything is consential and sometimes I think it’s the women training the guy in this game. It’s another good addition to g-collections games.

wanfu2k1,

Thanks for the quick review!

Since you mentioned that Hitozuma is more of an ADV rather than training simulator, I am pretty interested in how the game advances. Does it have plot / storylines like classical ADV where you can choose options to determine endings or are the events determined by points like True Love or Maid Story.

Is the time flow based on a daily basis where you have Days 1,2,3 etc… and ends after a certain passage of time?

I certainly hope it does not follow the footsteps of Maid Story where about the only interesting thing that happens is daily lessons with the “wives”. Since you mentioned there are hardly any training decisions… would be really disastrous.

[This message has been edited by Angry Gamer (edited 08-04-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
[B]Hello again it's time for another issue of Wanfu2k1's quick review [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]
[B]

And once again I begin hating your guts, at least until I get my grubby little paws on my own copy... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmm, I guess I can live with it being more of an ADV bent than a SIM. But sounds pretty straight-forward.

quote:
Originally posted by Angry Gamer:
wanfu2k1,

Thanks for the quick review!

Since you mentioned that Hitozuma is more of an ADV rather than training simulator, I am pretty interested in how the game advances. Does it have plot / storylines like classical ADV where you can choose options to determine endings or are the events determined by points like True Love or Maid Story.

Is the time flow based on a daily basis where you have Days 1,2,3 etc.. and ends after a certain passage of time?

I certainly hope it does not follow the footsteps of Maid Story where about the only interesting thing that happens is daily lessons with the "wives". Since you mentioned there are hardly any training decisions... would be really disastrous.

[This message has been edited by Angry Gamer (edited 08-04-2003).]

OK played a little more last night I think after the 3rd or 4th bar is filled for the girl then the last 2 choices become available at the same time so I have to change my review in that you have to finish each bar in order, but it's only the bottom 2 bars that you get to choose.

You know I don't think I can answer how the ending are determined right now as I haven't gotten an ending yet. I probably should have continued my game instead of restarting it but I wanted to pick one girl and stick with her all the way through instead of checking all the girls which I did on Saturday.
I don't think I mentioned this but the only time you make selections is on the training screen. I haven't hit upon any other time where you are asked to make choices other than that screen to pick the girl and the type of training which usually is only 1 type.
Everytime you select the girl you advance her plot a little and you get to know here more and understand what their motavation is behind being in "the Club".

As far time flow it's not on daily basis and there is no time limit before the end of the game. You really don't know how far time has advanced every time you make a selection. It's not like Graduation, transfer student, or xchange2 where there is a morning evening and night. Here's how it flows. Beginning -> Select girl and training(usually only 1 choice) -> time with the girl -> random (or maybe not so random) meeting with one of the 3 girls -> select girl and training. You don't really know how much time has passed after each session it could be a week a day or month really.

I don't think it's like maids story as each selection really advances the story for that particular girl and their particular problem with their husband. So far if I had to compare this game to one I've played I might say it's like Kango 2. There's really no wrong choice yet since the only selections are which girl and the training. There isn't a choice at least none that I have seen that will kill your chance with the girl.

Hopefully I haven't confused you some more and scare you away from the game because it's pretty fun so far and the girls are very well drawn.

Sounds great… I really look forward to this game. The art looks fantastic, and the concept sounds interesting…

…must work overtime… make more money…

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
OK played a little more last night I think after the 3rd or 4th bar is filled for the girl then the last 2 choices become available at the same time so I have to change my review in that you have to finish each bar in order, but it's only the bottom 2 bars that you get to choose.

You know I don't think I can answer how the ending are determined right now as I haven't gotten an ending yet. I probably should have continued my game instead of restarting it but I wanted to pick one girl and stick with her all the way through instead of checking all the girls which I did on Saturday.
I don't think I mentioned this but the only time you make selections is on the training screen. I haven't hit upon any other time where you are asked to make choices other than that screen to pick the girl and the type of training which usually is only 1 type.
Everytime you select the girl you advance her plot a little and you get to know here more and understand what their motavation is behind being in "the Club".

As far time flow it's not on daily basis and there is no time limit before the end of the game. You really don't know how far time has advanced every time you make a selection. It's not like Graduation, transfer student, or xchange2 where there is a morning evening and night. Here's how it flows. Beginning -> Select girl and training(usually only 1 choice) -> time with the girl -> random (or maybe not so random) meeting with one of the 3 girls -> select girl and training. You don't really know how much time has passed after each session it could be a week a day or month really.

I don't think it's like maids story as each selection really advances the story for that particular girl and their particular problem with their husband. So far if I had to compare this game to one I've played I might say it's like Kango 2. There's really no wrong choice yet since the only selections are which girl and the training. There isn't a choice at least none that I have seen that will kill your chance with the girl.

Hopefully I haven't confused you some more and scare you away from the game because it's pretty fun so far and the girls are very well drawn.

Actually no, you haven't scared me away from getting it. On the contrary, I am thinking of getting it after your review since you mentioned that character & plot development is advanced along the game. Training simulators like Maid Story or Transfer Student are really not my cup of tea since they are way too repetitive and character development is near zero.

G-C should really change their screenshot since it's really misleading expecially the one where you have 3 potraits of the wives and training events, it resembles too much to Maid's Story and ppl might be misleaded.

What impressed me was the character development AFTER ya had an ending with em… you can go back and listen to exactly what they were thinking…

Where was this? I just finished Nana’s ending last night. Was it in the reports? I didn’t really play around with extras that was unlocked after I finished Nana’s story.

yep… in the recollections… theres a A scene… a B scene and C scene… (“C” is their side of the story)

Hmm, finally got to play the game myself. Took some intense playing (not that I’m complaining…) but finally got through all the endings and images. So far, I’ve like what the Sekilala games have done. Very simple, straightforward gameplay concepts with enough complexity to add some challenge to them. And the “C” scenes are a great addition, a natural step beyond what you see at the tail ends of the endings in other games like the Trabulance ones.

Not sure why, but in this game, the places where the image didn’t match what was happening in the text really stood out to me. And I think I developed a love/hate relationship with the CG’s in general. Some I thought were splendid, others I just absolutely hated.

And I was right on my guess that I would end up hating some of the “lessons” I had to do, though I was wrong on my favorite character. Normally, Nana would have been my preference (hey, didn’t you read the fetish thread?) but for some reason, Kagari struck me as more adorable in this case.

Well I finally got my copy yesterday, but I only got to try it alittle so far (& with no sound since I didn’t want to bother my roomates), but it seems rather nice so far… I can already tell I probably won’t like some training sessions, but then again I don’t like some scenes in XC1/2 either… Or CP for that matter…

Since a few others who have the game have posted in this thread…

Does anyone know when the game ‘ends’? I’ve played through a good bit of it, but nothing seems to imply what sort of ending conditions it makes use of…

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow99:
Since a few others who have the game have posted in this thread...

Does anyone know when the game 'ends'? I've played through a good bit of it, but nothing seems to imply what sort of ending conditions it makes use of...

Hmm, not really sure if it's an event "trigger" or an event count that determines when the game ends. Hmm, maybe a combination of the two, with the first pick of a "private lesson" triggering the "countdown". I'd have to play around with it a little to see what happens.

i personally really enjoyed this game the first time around, but then it got a little tedious to me…

most of the character development is near the beginning, so tracking down the other endings mostly consists of a lot of private lesson sex scenes after you get all the women up to the end of anal

the first time was amazing, but i am a little weary of all the sex and need a break before i finish up the last endings

Well I’ve hit the end a few times now, but I have 1 big problem… I can’t seem to get the ‘extreme’ lessons no matter what, which is awfully wierd… Oh & I liek that you can turn on an option to make it so you don’t really see previously read text, quite helpful for getting other endings…

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow99:
Well I've hit the end a few times now, but I have 1 big problem... I can't seem to get the 'extreme' lessons no matter what, which is awfully wierd... Oh & I liek that you can turn on an option to make it so you don't really see previously read text, quite helpful for getting other endings....

Hmm, did you follow Doug-san's hints on the help thread? Can't think of anything else to add to that. And yup, skipping previously read text always helps... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Argh! A hints thread…! That would mean actually leaving the ‘Bishoujo Games & Anime Discussion’ page I’ve just been refreshing for the last 10 days or so… See I’ve realized that leaving the page up means I tend to check in and post on a mostly regualr basis… Not having said page up makes me forget to visit…

But I guess I could just follow a few links to see what I’ve been missing… Don’t be suprised if I stop posting for half a week or so though…

Heh, well I thought I’d just mention it. After all, there’s been more than a few times where a gameplay question was asked in this secion and we’d already answered it in the help threads. (Heck, there’s been times when there’s been numerous threads posted within 24 hours of each other in the help section all asking the same thing!)