"Sono Hanabira 3" problem :( help please!

I am having problems with the text displaying correctly, i’m on windows vista, have Japanese enabled and everything installed and all that, but for some reason some of the stuff isn’t coming up in English -or- Japanese,(Except the chat boxes which just come up as straight messed up) here are 2 screenshots of what it looks like

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Ok so I’ve downloaded their decoder, tried redownloading in IE, Tried unzipping with LHASA, Doesn’t seem to matter what I do, it doesn’t want to work for me. I’m pretty much out of ideas, think it’s time for a nap :stuck_out_tongue:

it will be nice if you tell us precisely what version of vista (basic? premium? ultimate?) you are using

if i recall correctly vista basic doesnt have system locale support? but that said, i am not a vista user myself so feel free to correct me if i am wrong

ahh that was a good nap
Premium on the computer I took the screen shots from, if you want I can try to install it onto my Vista Ultimate computer and see if it installs, or something, open to suggestions here :slight_smile:

Not sure what else to do :stuck_out_tongue:

Fixed! I’ll post screenshots and explain wth happened here, gimme a minute :slight_smile:

[For Vista premium users]

1. Ok so, I thought just having Japanese fonts and what not enabled would be enough to run the program, BUT I was not aware that they do not support uni-code, and as such. You need to go into your Control Panel, under the “Regional + Language Options”

2. Then when you open it, go to the “Administrative” tab

3. Select, “Change System Locale” which will bring up a “Current system locale” which sets the language used for non-unicode programs, in this case Japanese Eroge.

And the final verdict = Presto Changeo Success!
(Hopefully this thread will save someone the problems I had in the future)
Thank you to all who helped~!