"X-Change 2" question

…but I played the original X-Change game and was frustrated that I could only get it to display full screen, which resulted in a stretched and distorted image on my widescreen monitor. It’s the only game I’ve had this problem with…

Is it safe for me assume that you’ve told your GFX card to maintain the program aspect ratio in full-screen mode, and the X-Change is the only game where it doesn’t work?

It’s been a LOOOOONG time since I’ve played XC2, so I can’t say if there’s a window/fullscreen option available. What’s your video card?

Sorry, dunno offhand, and not home at the moment to check. Still hoping someone can tell me if it’s a game menu option or not. But I do appreciate your replies and efforts to help. :slight_smile:

Hmmmm… don’t the settings in your video card drivers offer an option to adjust the upscaling of a program in full screen mode? (If it doesn’t have the same kind of resolution as your original screen resolution: do you want to stretch the program or allow it to preserve original resolution.)

Probably applicable only if you’ve got ATI or Nvidia, though.

Also, you’d probably have to adjust screen refresh rate. And you can use Refreshlock: http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rl/

Yes you can play in windowed mode. there is an option in the game settings screen

but if you can set your graphics card to 'maintian aspect ratio’in the image scaling options* you can play it in fullscreen

• this is for ati cards, i don’t about Nvidia or others