Raidy 3

huh

I guess it IS in the fantasy genre, so it’s not entirely out of character for the game itself to be a zombie.

I wonder how many souls were sacrified to the Devil for this game to actually see release. :o

On the downside, this game was developed so long ago, I’m kinda worried it might have a Duke Nukem curse. :frowning:

Duke Nukem’s failure was a failure of … upper management and project management. I dunno how to put it better than that. They had plenty of money, but nothing was ever good enough for them. Raidy 3, on the other hand, was endlessly delayed because the company almost went broke. Completely different kind of problem.

I don’t expect Raidy 3 to actually be super-awesome, but I also don’t expect it to be anywhere near as bad as DNF.

This is where the game’s release date was first announced, a few days before the game’s site got updated to confirm it. Most of the 8 sample CGs there are new. Seems like when Raidy loses the fusion ends and both girls pay the price of failure.

I don’t even know what to say :smiley:

Seriously, Raidy III… maybe we’ll even see it in English :smiley:

So when should we start begging JAST?

wow. I thought this was vaporware.

I thought ZyX were gone for good.

As I understand it they’re only mostly dead. (They feel happy?) They obviously were able to continue SOME development. Raidy 3 being completed is proof of that - but also, look what happened after Peter bought up G-Collections. GC’s last title as GC, and not one of Peter’s brands, was Figures of Happiness. A whole bunch of GC games were released after that - Cat Girl Alliance (which was the only game in GC’s ‘which game should we do next’ poll that wasn’t actually released by GC), Raidy 1/2, Family Project, and Amorous Prof. Cherry at least.

The way I figure, they mostly went under but didn’t quite manage to die totally, because there was juuuuust enough from overseas to not go totally broke. After all, while you don’t sell as many units or make as much money per unit - you do have an advantage. The backlog continues to sell long after it would have stopped selling in Japan (where the games would have been buried under an avalanche of newer games). How many teacher-student love story games are in print in the US right now? One. In Japan? I dunno exactly, but lots more.

It’s quite a claim to say that ZyX’s stuff has stopped selling in Japan. I mean, look at the sales of their stuff on dlsite… as far as I can tell that stuff, especially Sagara, Fortuna, Raidy etc. have continued to sell quite steadily over a number of years.

I keep forgetting that downloadable versions of titles have taken off. That was silly.

I’ve been under a rock for quite some time now. And I’d only saved the link to ZyX’s Raidy 3 page for nostalgic reasons. But when I clicked it just a moment ago and saw it ACTUALLY UPDATED and then came running here to get the word… you have NO IDEA how excited I am about this and how much I hope it will make it to the states!

I enjoyed both Raidy I + II. With it being in Development hell for so long I hope it didn’t suffer for it, or that whoever bought up Zyx’s assets didn’t just push out what they had… Still looking forward to it.

Sometimes projects in development hell actually come out okay. Often they don’t. I would be surprised if the game isn’t released by Jast, however. Zyx probably wants the revenue, and RPGs are always a nice thing to bring over.

WOW!!!
I’d saved couple of links to ZyX and Raidy pages, just for remembering, or checking in case they didn’t go under in the future…
Totally missed it… Good news.

Hope the finished product is all right, I enjoyed Raidy I and II so looking forward to this as well.

Personally, I am stoked that this is finally going to see the light of day.

Unfortunately, I really don’t like playing this type of game untranslated. But I’m really hoping that JastUSA picks it up and translates it. As soon as I find out they’re releasing it, I’ll be putting in a preorder.

Taikenban up

there is a trial out and someone got the cg set off the trial

When I read this, my heart and my genitals jumped up at the same time… On a slightly less perverted note, can we expect a US release? Seriously, now I’m waiting for this, Neptunia V, and the GotY edition of Skyrim (because I don’t like scrounging DLC every single time).