Received True Love in the mail

Finally got the game True Love in the mail. Had been sent Wednesday, and it already arrived this morning. The Italian mail service is definitely improving.

Got it this late because we weren’t sure how to pay her the money. In the end it was done via PayPal.

quote:
An adventure game with a difference…
You’re up against a gang of sex
mad girls on the rampage!

Yeah, right. We all know how that isn’t accurate. Surprisingly, the description on the back of the box is accurate.

The front and back of the box are well done. Might I add that the box also smells good.
I was impressed with how the box itself was made. You open it like a book, and see how they spent attention to the design.
On the left is an explanation of how to install and contact the support service, accompagnied by a pretty picture of a girl that doesn’t seem to appear in the game.
On the right, in the upper part is the CD-ROM, and on the lower part is a promotional booklet with below a registration paper, both have to be slide out to the left to take it.

I haven’t played the game yet, but I will later today.

So, how are the other four enjoying their copies?

I’m enjoying my copy though I’m probally not gonna open it . Your right tho it does smell good!

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
The Italian mail service is definitely improving.

It's truly surprising, indeed. After painful experiences, I know very well the fickle nature of Italian postal service (now, I use EMS mail only), but I'm beginning to reconsiderate my old opinions...
Benoit, are you interested in a little experiment/("cultural")exchange with me for my old (but near mint -I'm fanatically meticolous with my "toys"-) copy of Divi-Dead? For various reasons, I'm fondamentally a lurker of this (and a few others) BBS, and, therefore, an unknown variable, but Seriousness is my idol, and after seeing you in "action", I think that you are an reliable contact.
I'm waiting..

Experiment? I guess it depends what you mean, I’m not sure I understand. Could you explain in a bit more detail?

quote:
Experiment? I guess it depends what you mean, I'm not sure I understand. Could you explain in a bit more detail?

Briefly, my proposal is this:
Next week, I will send you my copy of Divi-Dead, in advance, but using normal (not EMS)Italian mail + an answer receipt. Within October 31 (I'm in not hurry, but, for personal reasons, this day is my limit), you must buy (from Archonia, I suppose, a truly convenient Belgium shop -the Italian equivalent, Consoleland, is a money trap!-) and play an unused G-Collections game chosen from me (but with your input, too!). In the end (after duplication, perhaps...), you will send me the original game by normal Belgium mail + answer receipt.
This is my basic idea; for additional details (and my reasons), if you are interested, I will contact you at your eMail address.

So, in short, you send Divi-Dead, I buy a G-Collections game from Archonia, play it, and send it to you?

Sounds interesting, except for:
1) I haven’t got much money right now.
2) I usually keep games I play.

quote:

Sounds interesting, except for:
1) I haven't got much money right now.
2) I usually keep games I play.

I've no problem with your choice (personally, I sell/exchange/lend the majority of my manga, RPG and videogames with trusted friends -except for a few cherished titles-).
However, if you have a change of mind, let me know!

My Italian friend wanted me to specify that she used “posta raccomandata” = recommended mail.

I just finished my first run through the game.
I didn’t specifically target anyone at the start. After a while I targetted Remi somewhat, since I always study anyways (and I had Intellectual, too). But I was way too nice to everyone. :stuck_out_tongue: I had to deny Mikae, Mayumi, and Arisa. I wanted to deny Kyoko too, so I could go for Remi (I know, you can take as many girls as you want, but it’s not right to me). But I was too nice and made the decision that triggered her sex scene. But it’s okay, Ryoko still rocks. I like her ending, and her last CG is pretty.

I actually haven’t unsealed the game, let alone playing it BUT I shall play it one of these days. Being a bit busy lately…

Sorry to say but chances are you aren’t gonna find it. One of our beloved forum members, Benoit, generously offered to mail copies to anyone who asked when his friend found like 5 copies in a Italian store, which were all they had. If you can find em somewhere you’d be really lucky.

quote:
Surprisingly, the description on the back of the box is accurate.

You didn't read the German description, did you? Try translating the first half of that one and see if you still think it's accurate. You'd think they were talking about two completely different games. I don't know if it was some kind of joke from the translators side or something.

[This message has been edited by AG3 (edited 07-17-2004).]