Recomendations?

I love adventure games, my Saturn collection consists of alot of adventure games some of my favourites being Eve Burst Error, Eve The Lost One, Desire, Yu-No, Nonomura Byoin, Dokyusei 1&2, Kakyusei, Doukoku…Soshite, Friends, Pia Carrot 1&2, Policenaughts, Snatcher, Toki Meki Memorial, The Literary Fragment and many others. What could be recomended to me seeing as I am not a huge hentai fan and to me, I think those scenes can spoil the games. I like good storylines. I have played a few of C’s Wares PC games such as Fatal Relations, Gloria and Love Potion and didn’t like them that much, Fatal Relations was just one H scene after another, boring. I also have a few PP games, Toki Meki Check In! would be my favourite (I liked Snow Drop but could never play it very well) So anyway, here is my list of titles I want to buy:

Little My Maid
Brave Soul
Critical Point
Divi Dead
Desire
Adam The Double Factor
Chain
Kana-Little Sister

Based on my likes and dislikes, would they be recomended? Thanks in advance for any help.

Er, I’ll give a shot of parsing your list a bit.

I can’t say much about LMM or BS since they’re not really out and I havn’t played them. That’d be like me recommending a movie I never saw. Which for me, leaves out talking about Adam as well, since I’ve yet to play it. (But I’m guessing if you enjoyed Eve Burst Error, you’ll probably enjoy Adam the Double Factor)

Chain and Desire, being more digital novels than games, and Kana, by the nature of it’s theme, are both very strong, and good, storyline games. Divi Dead also worked well in the storyline department. I have issues with Critical Points storyline, but that’s me being nitpicky about certain points.

Of the list, Kana should probably be a priority. Strong storyline and the few sex scenes in it are integrated parts of the story and help to move it along.

You might want to add Snow Drop to your buy list. It is an involving fairytale-like story with excellent graphics. If you enjoy Kana - Little Sister, Private Nurse is another title with good character development but is a lighter romantic comedy.

i concur with ekylo on a lot of those titles…i am a big story fan, above all else…

Desire and Kana are must-haves, chain and Divi-Dead are excellent…if you liked eve, you should probably get adam too, although honestly, it is a little of a disappointment after the majesty of Eve, as it is shorter, not as deep and most of the sex scenes seem very out-of-place…but it is a still a continuation of the story and therefore worth it

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 03-15-2003).]

I have Snow Drop and liked it alot, Adam is near the very top of my wanted list because I like the Eve series so much, including Eve Zero on the Dreamcast. It’s a shame to hear that Adam isnt as good as the previous games, it’s also a shame that Himeya went bust and we will not get anymore Eve games in English If the H scenes in Adam are just there for the hell of it then I also think it’s a shame that it couldn’t have been a conversion of a Saturn game like EBE was (although granted the Saturn version was a remake of original PC version with the H scenes removed or toned down) so it could be all good story. On the subject of EBE, I was very interested to read that there will be a remake for the PS2 called Eve Burst Error Plus, cant wait. From what I have read of Kana, that is right at the top of my list, it sounds really good, I will be interested to see how the xbox version turns out although I am sure there wont be an English version. Keep in mind that I am in Australia and these $50 games cost me about $85+ Thanks for the suggestions!

Kana and Desire should be your next priority both are excellent games with good stories to them. Although Desire does have quite a few sex scenes.

I bought the Saturn version of Desire when it was released and then later on when Himeya released it and I saw pictures of the game on their site I was like “Well gee, that certainly isn’t in the Saturn version, or that, or THAT…” LOL. I just hope the basic game is the same cause I really liked the Saturn version of Desire.

quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316:
Little My Maid
Brave Soul
Critical Point
Divi Dead
Desire
Adam The Double Factor
Chain
Kana-Little Sister

Based on my likes and dislikes, would they be recomended? Thanks in advance for any help.

Well, let's see, first of all, let's rearrange the sequence (intepreting the sequnece on this list as preferences):

Kana-Little Sister
Chain
* Private Nurse
Divi Dead
Desire
Critical Point
Adam The Double Factor

I took away "Brave Soul" and "Little my Maid, because I have just started with playing "Brave Soul" and have not yet gotten my paws on a copy of "Little My Maid".
Instead, I had to add "Private Nurse". Can't sav much about "Tottemo Pheromone", "Sensi 2", "Tsuki" and "Horny Bunny", because I am still waiting for their shipment.

A short word regarding "Adam": The ending copletely spoiled the game. Knowing, it's sequel is not going to be localized added a special taste of humor to the word's "to be continued" at the end. It's really an unworthy sequel to the marvellous (and conclusive) "Eve Burst Error".

Well, obviously, I have to order the japanese originals of "Eve ZERO", "Eve - the lost one" and "EVE - the fatal attraction". I still hope there is a cure for poor Mayako and she is going to save the day in the end... (And Puddin' should return to Kojiroh, since he only messes up his relationship with Yayoi anyway.)

quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316:
I bought the Saturn version of Desire when it was released and then later on when Himeya released it and I saw pictures of the game on their site I was like "Well gee, that certainly isn't in the Saturn version, or that, or THAT...." LOL. I just hope the basic game is the same cause I really liked the Saturn version of Desire.

Heh, well that's partially why I didn't go further about Desire, I wasn't exactly sure what the difference between the two versions was.

Hmm, I don't really know about adding Private Nurse to the list. It does have a good storyline though. Hmm, and I guess it's only when you're trying to get all the images that the sex scenes really become annoying. I do think they could have reduced the amounts in the after diaries, but given the randomness factor in the scenes, I guess it was necessary.

Awwww bummer, PeaPri are sold out of both Kana and Chain, I was going to order one or the other along with the “special edition” of Critical Point. I think the game would be worth at least $10 and I dont care about the mossaics seeing as I am not into the hentai scenes anyway. Oh well, guess I have to wait a little longer.