Review of .fuck Complete

I’m an addict to Japanese “otaku” culture since its introduction in Italy in 1978, but it’s only after discovering the existence of erogames that I finally decided to start a serious study of the Japanese tongue.
Heheheh, I fully admit that, initially, I was very curious about this new type of “fun” :oops: , but now that I’ve played not a few erogames, both Japanese and English, I feel some disappointment too. The Japanese market keeps releasing great products, yes, but, in my opinion, 90% of the available titles are hopelessly trite and repetitive, if not absolute crap, and I dislike to see innocent :stuck_out_tongue: erogamers (especially clueless gaijin lured by gorgeous graphics) waste their money on this overpriced trash.
Ironically, Black Rainbow’s .fuck Complete is part of the problem: deluxe graphics, good sounds and a fair Extra for an inferior product which makes to seem X-Change an exalted masterpiece in comparison. Why I spent my money on it? You need to know that the Japanese market is also chronically afflicted with a much, MUCH more dangerous plague than bOVINE-games: Limited Editions :shock: !!!

Short introduction:
In the (near?) future, life-like virtual interface, ultra-fast (? cable?) connections, artificial intelligences and more are a common and cheap staple of an advanced society where (digital) dreams can come true and A.I.'s are often more popular with the masses than their human counterparts.
Kazuma Takahara, the male protagonist, is maybe just an ordinary citizen of this world (.fuck Complete wastes no time on useless character backgrounds), but, more importantly, he’s also an unparalled Computer Science genius with too much free time on his hands (just my guess :stuck_out_tongue: ). His plans? To infiltrate the (Internet?) servers of four specific megacorporations and, after some creative hacking, to have fun and (virtual) sex with the wildly popular female A.I.'s who basically serve their respective corporations as PR staff/testimonials/etc. And later…
Can you guess his true objective?

Storyline:
SEXSEXSEXSEX and SEXSEXSEX for SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX and SEXSEXSEXSEXSEX in addition to SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX and SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX with SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX and don’t forget SEXSEXSEXSEXSEX but SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX and SEXSEXSEXSEXSEXSEX… Huh? More details? Oh, well…

More detailed storyline:
.) Pick girl;
f) Brainwash her;
u) Rape her;
c) Enslave her;
k) Repeat…

Fuckingly more detailed storyline:
…Eh? What are you still doing here? Sheesh, do you truly believe that a game named .fuck Complete can boast a storyline? My Short Introduction includes 99% of the background already, and the rest is pure Dark Sex, although unusually variegated (the fact that the action happens within a virtual space where nothing is impossible explains much… ).
In fact, Black Rainbow originally released this product as a downloadable game divided in four episodes (one for girl), and the structure/plot is identical for all the episodes, even if, fortunately, this doesn’t include the seven oversized scenarios (centered around a specific sexual fetish/situation) which form the backbone of each episode. And although not particularly original, the Quality Level of these scenarios IS really good, and gifted with a high variety of sexual fetishes/situations too.
That said, 1)the total absence of a significative story (and, worse, of any possible interaction from the player -at the beginning, you get to pick one of the four female A.I.'s, and later you can choose, in any order, one of the six scenarios specific for that girl. This is all.-) and 2)the absurd price (6800 yen) which the producer charged for this senseless sexromp vastly override any good quality boasted by the sex scenes themselves.

Graphics:
Simply beautiful! Most Black Rainbow games share this trait, which represents one of the two strong points of .fuck Complete.
Paradoxically, this asset becomes a liability when you start counting the number of CG’s: 18 for girl, for a “grand” total of 72…

Sounds:
The second strong point. In particular, I’ve much appreciated the fact that ALL the (male and female) characters are dubbed -except the protagonist-, but, in general, nothing here is less than nice in quality, and it’s the only feature of .fuck Complete that can compete with a “real” b-game.

Bonus:
The bare minimum. Yeah, the usual CG, Music and Scenario Galleries are included, but, for an overpriced Limited Edition product, I hoped for something more than a collection of preparatory drawings enclosed within a solid-but-bland, white-and-black, 100-pages manual. In particular, an expressly created Harem ending seems mandatory for a “game” which is merely a collection of four separate storylines/endings otherwise.
However, I suppose that the inclusion of an alphanumeric code for participating in the 2006 Bishoujo Game Award event (see below) can be called “Bonus”, too…

Final considerations:
A cute but basically useless toy is the best definition for .fuck Complete, in my opinion. Unfortunately, the Japanese market is CHOKE FULL of these “toys”, created for the “benefit” of an horde of customers who seem to value appearance more than substance.
The genesis of .fuck Complete is a fairly typical example of this trend: as I’ve said, originally it was a series of four independent erotic episodes exclusively downloadable from http://www.charara.cc/ , a NO-OVERSEAS-CUSTOMERS-ALLOWED Internet shop, which later, because of good sales and many requests from Black Rainbow fans (yes, me too), were turned into 1) a series of four overpriced DVD’s (still available at http://www.himeyashop.com/ , if you dare) and 2) a single DVD Collection, slighty less overpriced but available in 3000 copies only (!? :x !!!), just another proof that shopping in Japan is an extremely risky/costly venture for both clueless foreign shoppers and I-Do-Know-All foreign reviewers (who should know better than squander their money on capricious fancies :stuck_out_tongue: … ).
Trust me, the near totality of the untranslated erogames out there is absolutely forgettable, and if you use your money for supporting the English producers/translators instead, I’m sure that lots of b-games will be licensed and translated in the (near, I hope) future.
SPREAD EVERYWHERE KNOWLEDGE OF EROGAMES AND BUY ORIGINAL GAMES ONLY!

Black Rainbow Home Page:
http://www.blackrainbow.jp/index2.html

.fuck Complete Home Page (the second Link is the Character Page):
http://www.blackrainbow.jp/br/dotfuck/index.html
http://www.blackrainbow.jp/dl/dotfuck/girls.html

Getchu - .fuck Complete (and individual DVD’s) Page:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=236785
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=223865
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=223885
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=223925
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=223945

Charara!!.cc - .fuck Complete Page (banned to overseas residents, it’s the only authorized and convenient place where to buy the downloadable versions of the four .fuck “games”. You even get a)an additional, and FREE, downloadable erogame and b)the digital version of the “Preparatory Drawing Manual” -see Bonus, above- if you buy a) at least two .fuck episodes or b) the entire series):
http://www.charara.cc/campaign/dotfuck/ … &a=dotfuck

The 2006 Bishoujo Game Award:
I read the Italian b-game magazines only, and very rarely the Japanese review sites/magazines, therefore I don’t know if this event is something grand/important/new or merely another type of colorful commercial (typical of Japanese medias), but apparently Sofurin and various software houses organized a sort of national poll/election for choosing the best erogame(s) released this year (from December 2005 to August 2006, more exactly). The deadline for voting is 30 September, but if you compile the two forms available in the site -you need a specific alphanumeric code, but .fuck Complete has one-, you can win a few (still unrevealed) prizes.
I strongly suspect that only residents in Japan can compete for the prizes (I can’t find the word “overseas” written anywhere in the Survey Form, for example), but if you happen to have a good grasp of Japanese and one of those alphanumeric codes, try your luck! After all, if you win, you can use some serious deputy service for collecting your winnings.

The 2006 Bishoujo Game Award Home Page:
http://www.bishojyogameaward.org/

Most Voted Games So Far Page:
http://www.bishojyogameaward.org/html/ranking.html

Possibly one of the worst titles for a game I’ve heard for some time now :wink:

Thanks for the review! I enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

Hmmm… No dual processor (twincest) AI? Narggy sees that they dropped the ball on this one. :wink:

Hmmm… that’s a formula that usually works for me. :wink:

That bad, huh? I’ll just leave it off my list of things to buy…

[ 06-07-2006, 01:11 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Heheheh, the variety of the sex scenes remains strong, however, although I admit that gaining the love of a virtual girl/intelligent computer program sounds less satisfying than obtaining the same with a “material” girl…

Naaaah, do you prefer the titles of the individual episodes instead? You can choose amongst .fuck Kanae, .fuck Sakuya, .fuck Ren, .fuck Kasumi, .fuck Kasumi&Kanae and .fuck Ren&Sakuya (yes, it seems incredible, but the .fuck series got so much success than two additional DVDPG versions are scheduled soon… .fuck .fuck .fuck!! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Thanks for the review, Blado! :wink:

Hmm, that bad a game, eh? Well, thankfully .fuck was never on my list of b-games I’m interested in. And as this review doesn’t speak too highly of it, that’s the way it will stay, I guess…

Amazing, however, that they would also make indvidual episodes O_o. Must mean that the original game sold pretty well… <_<;;.

No, no, they were originally episodes, then came the whole game.

Oh, I see. My misunderstanding, then -_-.

Heh… I got my hands on this title a few hours ago (friend’s copy). I can see why you don’t like it. No challenge is a word for it. Even the easiest Tacchi title is harder than this one. I beat the entire thing in one sitting… just one sitting… :eek:

…therefore your friend shares my same taste in games, how nice :slight_smile: :o erogames as long as I am able, and even .fuck Complete was no exception to my rule/taste: I’ve completed the 28 scenarios in 14-15 days, one hour at time every day (a typical game schedule for me).
It’s because of my (peculiar?) style of gaming that I don’t believe in “wishlists” or, worse, “backlogs” of games: I buy few, but I savor much.

I just read that Black Rainbow is considering a DOT FUCK 2. I still think the concept is awesome, but they need to put more effort in the product.

Needs dual processor twins too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Huh, where? Both the homepage and Erogamescape say nothing, but considering the flop of the recent releases (with a BIG EXCEPTION, hotly recommended by me), it isn’t surprising.
However, I DON’T want to see limited editions this time :wink: ).

Issue of that Angel PC eroge review magazine. There was a Black Rainbow interview, and when the guy asked if the company had any special surprises he could reveal, the rep stated that they were considering more DOT FUCK due to its success. Translation: Cash Cow! MOOOOO!!!

:stuck_out_tongue:

[ 08-11-2006, 06:41 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Sorry, it’s impossible…

http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=002323

Edit:
I noticed just now that the homepage of the 2006 Bishoujo Game Award started revealing the prizes for those who compile(d) the survey forms.
I’m not impressed however…
http://www.bishojyogameaward.org/html/present.html

[ 08-14-2006, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Baldo ]

.fuck is an interesting name, too bad the game sounds more like .crap. Thanks for the review, it was interesting and informative.

That depends on what is most “hard” for oneself in learning a language - which should vary between different people.

One thing that made starting with Japanese easy for me is that its grammar is a model of a consistent system: for example I doubt that you will find another language that has only two irregular verbs - and only two different kinds of regular konjugations.
Oh, and no declination at all either - instead the particles following the nouns determine the noun’s case in a manner that reminds you of prepositiuons - just here you may rather call them “postpositions”!

However, the one thing that will give you troubles (it’s usually the same for everybody who starts learning japanese - perhaps with the exception of people who already knew Chinese) is the writing-system - and the Kanji in particular!
Learning the Kana-systems (the phonetic syllable writing systems) is comparable in complexity with learning the kyrillian alphabet, but the Kanji are a systematic half-pictographic system of about 2000 characters with multiple meanings and pronounciations each - that are also quite frequently composed to more complex meanings.

After now 5 years of learning and trying to apply the learned things to the games that I have bought in them meantime, I think I’ve got the hang of it, though…
If I should encounter an unknown Kanji, I still have NJStar…

[ 10-04-2006, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Two days ago, the 2006 Bishoujo Game Award site finally announced the survey results for the 15 best erogames released this year.
The final winners for each category are still undecided, but a few known (here, at least) games got interesting scores. Kansen, for example, reached 7th place in the Hard Game category, and the recent DVD version of my beloved Saimin Gakuen 8th place in the same category (a GREAT result for a b-game originally released three+ years ago).
Of more immediate interest for most BBS members, Yume Miru Kusuri got very good scores in MANY categories (10th place in Scenario, 9th in Theme Song, 11th in BGM, 15th in Graphics, 7th in New Genre, 12th in Best Characters, 13th in Pure Love B-Game, 10th in Promotion and 11th in User Support), let’s hope that my doubts are just a bunch of crap :frowning:

For those interested, the special committee has recently chosen the best erogames released in 2006. Personally, I don’t share the majority of their choices but, hey, I’m a just a dirty gaijin, after all :stuck_out_tongue: .

Best Erogame of 2006 (and the winner of the Best Scenario, Best Song, Best Pure Love Game and Best User Support awards):
Kono aozora ni yakusoku o

Best Background Music:
Scarlett

Best Graphics, Best Characters and Best Publicity:
Prism Ark Deluxe Edition

Best New Genre (aka Most Original):
Sabae no ou

Best Tentacle… err, Hard Game :stuck_out_tongue: :
Inyouchuu Shoku

Best Fetish Game:
Nurse no obenkyou

Best Program:
Mine fukaki se ni tayutau uta

Best Media Support:
Amanatsu and Princess Waltz

As I’ve often said, keep supporting the English erogame market, and maybe at least a few of these pearls will see an English version in the future…

Would be very nice when these Games are translated, But i think they are too expensive for PP to get them :frowning: