Review of Sagara Family

In this game your Yusuke. He attends college, So, while he attend the collage, he will move to Sagara Family. However, there are only 5 females in the family. So, Yusuke is absolutely ecstatic to be surrounded by beautiful women, but he may have a hard time getting along with them because they have different atitude. Also, that each of the grils have problems. What kind of the problem?.. it is secret.
I playied first time to see the one fo the characters endings and it took me about 6-7hours. Also, this story is choosen by the option. You don’t pick girls like “Lets MEOW MEOW”. odd to that, it will have anime scenes.

Having played through Emiru’s ending it’s actually a game that takes some thought to play, because you can’t zero in on a particular female by the “Cheap” selection method used in other games. There’s a particular logic path for each girl in the game. Sanae’s is extremely difficult to figure out and some girls path dominate the game by a few particular selections.

Sounds intriguing… How’s the story?

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Sounds intriguing... How's the story?

Story's lines are good I like it. I think most of the people will ask the do they have dark scenes? I will say maybe yes but, main character,which is Yusuke, he will...... I can't say this because it is part of the game.
So far they releasesd a english market by ZYX games and this games are long and it more describe further details about each person. so, if you like "Do you like horney bunnies 1 & 2" and this games are short and "Sagara Family" is very long.
Also, that this game is challenging to gather the all of the CGs, and get the flag out the each of characters.
I finish the game already and I'm starting to finsh the work-through also. Anyway, this game have long stories and it will take time to finish it.

[This message has been edited by Computermania (edited 01-30-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Computermania (edited 01-30-2005).]

Wierd I still haven’t gotten my copy yet. I’m usually the first one to get it. Guess I can’t torment you guys this time.

Mwahahahaha!

The vampire lemons did their job well.

So, basicaly, SAGARA FAMILY is rather better than the typical Zyx’s Sex Romp games? Or, at least, more story-focused than DYLHB 1&2?

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Gilis:
So, basicaly, SAGARA FAMILY is rather better than the typical Zyx's Sex Romp games? Or, at least, more story-focused than DYLHB 1&2?

Basically Sagara Family have longer story then DYLHB 1&2. Also, like I said before, they focused each of the characters problems. Trust me this... this game i very long.... and the choices are very tricky.

I’d be interested…if I cared about Zyx titles anymore. As it is, I can’t put aside my graphics fetish (read: I hate Zyx character designs) for a story that’s merely above average. For a bishoujo RPG…maybe. But not for just another AVG, especially one with a very common and boring premise.

I’m in the same boat with DS, just for a little different reasons. I don’t mind ZYX’s drawing style, but I’m SICK of it after like what, 9 games? Add that to the fact that the story seems pretty cliched and it’s a regualr ADV game and I seriously doubt I’ll nab it.

Damn my impatience… I was going to wait for Shiawase no Katachi but of course I just have to have a new game NOW, so I ordered Sagara Family.

A ZyX game with a genuine challenge? Whatever next, eh? Hopefully I won’t be disappointed…

i just saw some CGs and, as others ZyX’s games, here appear some chars from other games (Sanae from “Do you like horny bunnies? 2”

When is Shiawase no Katachi supposed to be released? Early March?

I will stay away, from Shiawaseno Katachi…I don’t like the characters which they draw. Sagara is much better. I don’t know story line about the shiawaseno katachi but maybe it will like heart de room mate. Anyway, I don’t buy Shiawaseno Katachi.

I can’t fathom how you could prefer the typical Zyx character designs to the (IMO) very nice designs in Shiawase no Katachi…but to each his own, I guess.

After checking some of the screenshots from Sagara family and those I found of Shiawase no Katachi on Angel Smile’s site, I found I have to agree with Dark_Shiki. I’m a little tired of Zyx’s typical character designs (maybe because I’ve bought and played every Zyx title released). Regarding Shiawase no Katachi though, from the little Japanese I can understand, the story seems rather upbeat (which is a good thing in my view after some of the darker releases like Tsuki).

Yeah, Zyx’s character designs are getting too generic. It is like they just change the hair style and color and there is a new character now.

I am also looking forward to Shiawase no Katachi.

^^; ZYX games are similar characters that is true but, I choose by drawing and voice actors. If I compare the drawing I like the ZYX drawing. Also, in the Shiawaseno Katachi I don’t know most of the voices people but, I heard sample voices and I don’t like that much. Anyway, everybody have different point of view.

Not to revive this thread sort of, but is Sagara Family pretty good? Seems interesting, I guess, not sure if I want to get it for myself for my birthday…

I recieved my copy a couple of days ago and after a few hours play I can say it’s easily my favourite “light-hearted” game from G-Collections. The paths are definitely less obvious than in games like Horny Bunnies or Kango and I actually got a “nobody” ending on my first go. Second time around I went for one character but clearly messed up somewhere and now seem to heading for the ending of another. Good stuff, makes you think a bit.

Not only that but some scenes in the game are genuinely funny, which is more than I can say for most other light stuff I’ve played. Love the character designs too (and background art), even if ZyX stuff is something of an acquired taste. And not setting the game in a restrictive hospital/restaurant/whatever enviroment makes for a more interesting story, IMO.