SA Reviews Come See Me Tonight 2

Amazingly Accurate Comment:
Language: Someone really broke out the Filthy Thesaurus for this one.
(No kidding. The person I replaced, when I booted up their computer for the first time, there was a great big fat link to that thing.)

http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=3008

I didn’t like it nearly as much as Zack’s reviews, but it was good, if I don’t hold it to my usual standards for the reviews.

(… So why DOES the text explicitly mention hair if none is there?)

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
(... So why DOES the text explicitly mention hair if none is there?)

Probably because in the original Japanese version, that part is censored, and the bluring made it look like there was hair. The translations is done seperate from the swapping of art for original uncensored version, so while the text calls for hair, the art doesn't necessarily have it, since it was assumed noone would ever see. Although how noone managed to catch that during betaing, I have no idea, I wasn't there back then.

I have to admit that Zacks reviews are much more humorous.

What game was it that he did the review all in rhyme, like a poem? God my sides hurt from laughing so much at that.

quote:
Originally posted by Velspie:
At least in Casual Romance Club the translation acknowledges that Amanda is 14 insteading of trying to insult to our intelligence.

But that's because the translation wasn't done state-side.

There’s something who keeps bugging me… Why each and every reviewer keeps whinning about incest themes in hgames, when they are not really (or fully) incestuous at all?

In CSMT1, the protagonist’s aunt was not his mother’s sister, but his mother’s cousin. So she was not really a close relative.

In CSMT2, the protagonist’s aunt was actually his uncle’s wife. Unless she is his real aunt (what turn her this uncle’s sister AND wife, and THAT’s would be a real incest case ^^’) they’re not really related by blood.

I think these guys don’t know really what incest means…

Lots of people dont’ really understand incest.

I knew of a girl who worked phone sex who was complaining about stupid callers who wouldn’t accept that she wasn’t allowed to talk about certain things that were considered illegal - snuff, underage, incest, etc. Job policy. Fine and dandy. But she was ranting about this idiot who kept wanting her to play his mother-in-law and she was complaining that this was incest and therefore illegal.

Well, no. You’re not related to your mother-in-law unless something is already wrong. And this is a lot less creepy than your aunt, since there’s no chance of you having grown up treating them as an adult family member.

(I know someone who got involved with his niece - the child of his ex-wife’s sister - and had a child by her. Very mixed up family, but not actually incest. Must have annoyed his ex-wife though.)

My dad remarried my girlfriends mom.

Not even joking about it.

And just for the record, no its not fun to live with your girlfriend in the same house with her mother when you’re 17. I don’t care what these games say, its not fun. Not fun at all.

Our parents totally ruined our relationship and then they had the nerve to get divorced a few years later. I still give my dad shit about that to this day. Whenever I get really pissed at him I say, "Thanks dad for making me a sister-fucker, you asshole"

Sigh… I see several thousand dollars in therapy fees in my future. Oh well

I’m sorry to hear that.

How’s your life now? Do you still see her?

Ah, its been 13 years since then. I like to bitch about it because even though it sucked at the time I can look back on it and laugh.

And yeah sure we talk every now and then, but not too much - it would cause problems for her husband and he’s really a nice guy.

I’m one of those guys who somehow manages to remain good friends with all the girls I’ve dumped (or been dumped by, I wont deny it) - a situtation that annoys my slightly (ok maybe not so slightly) jealous girlfriend to no end.

It’s all good, I pretend to be really pissed off about the entire thing but these days I actually find it pretty amusing. I guess thats what happens when you get to be a crotchey old fucker.