Sagara Family, am I missing something?

I just noticed that on the J-List website entry for the Sagara Family that Ruruka is wearing a schoolgirl outfit, which I’m reasonably sure she never ever wears in the game. Did anyone else notice this or am I just losing my memory in my crotchety old age?

If you are talking about the image in which Ruruka is wearing a cheerleader’s costume, lying below Emiru who in turn is cosplaying as a catgirl, then it is part of the scene “A cat under the desk” in Emiru’s path.

In the only other image with Ruruksa on the JAST-page, she is wearing only a strap-on and… nothing else. So I assume I checked the right image.

EDT:
By the way: because Ruruka is already 18 or older, we can safely assume that she is at least in middle school. Thus she also should also wear a seifuku in lesson - assuming that there is a uniform for her school… :wink:

No, I meant the image of her in the character profiles where they describe who she is and how old she is.

http://www.jlist.com/TOPPROD/DL#GC026 (NSFW!)

Just above the screenshots. Purple-ish school girl uniform.

:shock:

A character sprite…
I actually just finished a skip-playthrough of “The Sagara Family” (in which I unfortunately missed Ruruka’s path), but that particular sprite didn’t show up in it.
Because that game also doesn’t have a sprite-gallery, it would be a royal pain to search for it by walking every single path. So I give up for now. :oops:

It’s unused, I guess. She always wears western clothes (weifuku?) during the game. I wonder if maybe the developers thought the uniform might cast too much doubt on her age – or maybe they just decided to go a different direction altogether with the character? Weird. I only noticed cause it was right below the Kikkoman video I had to send to a friend (hilarity).

I noticed a similar thing with the picture of Misato on the JAST USA website in the description of Snow Sakura. As far as I remember, she never wears that outfit. Which is a shame really, because I find that outfit kind of hot on her.
Given these two instances, I’m tempted to use a software tool I have and look through the resources of the games I have to find other hidden outfits and such from the games I have.

You’ll find a lot of the games have resources from demo’s that were part of the Japanese release but removed because those games weren’t licensed at the time. One of the games, I can’t remember which, still has the button active but hidden (I want to say it was the original release of Tottemo Pheromone) , so when you click on it you get taken to a non-functional demo screen. Older games have some interesting stuff in them too like unused cg and stuff that gives you an idea of how some of the older DOS games displayed the images.

As a FYI, the Ruruka schoolgirl outfit is not in the games resources so it was likely scrapped somewhere early on in the games production.

There’s a full set of tachi-e for Misato, wearing that outfit, in the yukizakura GGDs. However, I can’t recall it either. Seems beach-outfit-ish, but I can’t remember a scene like that anywhere in yukizakura. (given the Hokkaido setting, it feels like a pretty inappropriate outfit =p) I don’t personally feel like digging through the scripts looking for any use of it, especially when I think I already know what the answer will be.