Saishuu Chikan Densha 2 (ÅI’sŠ¿“dŽÔ 2)

As some visitors of this forum might know, I review eroge games from time to time.

What I wanted to point out - especially to the operators of Peach Princess - is that since my site had begun focusing on eroge reviews, I have had a significant amount of traffic point to the article that mentions Saishuu Chikan Densha 2. In of itself, it constitutes 15% of the unique hits - much greater than any other I have.

Official Site
http://www.a-kaguya.com/products_HB/chikan2/index.html

My Review
http://www.elizar.com/?p=33

I assume this is because Saishuu Chikan Densha (¬ç√Ö¬èI’s¬ä¬ø"d¬é√î) has a series of OVA available in the United States from Kitty Media - the second of which boasts an incredible production level in terms of animation quality. This brings into question, of the game which the anime is based off.

I freely admit that the first Saishuu Chikan Densha is below standards. However, the second title is of worthy merit. It has been three years since Atelier Kaguya first released Saishuu Chikan Densha 2, and thus I’ve regularly seen it priced for 2500 yen - new and unopened in fact. While it once was a premier title for them, this does not seem to be the case anymore.

My question - or rather, plea - is to ask if Peach Princess has considered asking Atelier Kaguya about porting this title into English. While I do not know the budget constrains of Peach Princess or Kitty Media, I would imagine that since the later was able to acquire the anime during its earlier stages of existence, perhaps the company is reasonable to negotiations. Of course, I also understand that you guys can’t openly reveal anything about your acquisitions public until the time is right… so I don’t expect an answer. :wink:

Well I believe we will have some even better games down the road (thanks to me :stuck_out_tongue: ), you will see :stuck_out_tongue:

ADD:
and shouldn’t this thread be in the jp bgame forum instead?

[ 01-10-2007, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

Therefore now we know WHO to blame if Peapri keeps releasing boring games :wink: … Or do you have finally followed m… err, OUR advice :stuck_out_tongue: ?

maybe, maybe not :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm! Lamuness you know something we don’t… very interesting, will see what you all have in store for us. If you took part in choosing the game “Yume Miru Kusuri” (Because I like this games story) then I can’t wait to see what game will be translated next time. :slight_smile:

Yea! I can’t wait to find out what the secret is when you make the news release. :slight_smile:

If it has twincest, you can have my soul. :stuck_out_tongue:

no, apparently i dont think the game in question has twincest at all…

although i believe that another game under consideration has twincest :stuck_out_tongue:

but to be honest, i am not 100% sure myself since the information i received is hearsay (although its reliable), anyways time will tell but rest assured that there will be a line of new games coming

Reneging on my arrangement with Unicorn, eh? No matter. You won’t get far …

Well, there’s your problem right there. Listening? To the customers? Tsk tsk tsk. When will they ever learn …

Seriously, I still wants me my Yu no Hana.

i thought it’s announced in an interview already that yu no hana and summer girl are both canned…

dont blame us; we tried :stuck_out_tongue:

Tragic news, really (especially considering Yu No Hana’s setting problems). However, I can’t remember WHERE/WHEN you/Peapri announced that…

[quote]
Originally posted by Lamuness - BBS Admin:
[b] Well I believe we will have some even better games down the road (thanks to me :smiley:

[ 01-12-2007, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: Peter Gilis ]

[quote]
Originally posted by Lamuness - BBS Admin:
[b] Well I believe we will have some even better games down the road (thanks to me :slight_smile:

Actually, I encountered the same problem in other Will games as well. For that reason, my user-locale is always set to japanese!

Viper Paradice, anybody? :stuck_out_tongue:

i believe that it’s mentioned in one of mockingbird’s interviews?

I hope this won’t end like the last time Lamuness had some mega-exciting news that he couldn’t spill. He held us a bone for at least a month, before eating it himself. I became bitter at it when I re-read the thread some months ago which placed it into perpestive for me.

Seriously, what the hell are those Japanese thinking? Letting the company that ported the all-ages version participate in the decision to port the adult PC version? How stupid. Unless there’s some context that wasn’t talked about? >_<

As Lamuness correctly guessed, it was said in a big interview with Peter Payne on the site he works for.

I don’t recall reading that. Yu no hana had already been declared unlikely and problematic, and I recall what that meant for Slave Bazaar. Oh well.

EDIT: I did read that article. He did not say ‘canned’:

Summer Girl and Yu no Hana, unfortunately I donft think wefll be able to do. Wefre still
waiting, thatfs the thing, we donft know for sure but itfs looking pretty bad.

This is not definitive, but leans heavily towards ‘forget it’ (which I would do, but Yu no Hana looked good, dammit!)

[ 01-13-2007, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

I believe the issue is an important one due to licensing. I mean if there was an anime/manga ported over they would probably not want an adult oriented game based on it, or in any way associated with it. I know this is not a fact in Japan but the market outside can be a fickle thing. Leaving options open is also important in case there are future developments that are yet unforeseen.

All that said I think more Japanese companies should be more open to the idea of translations because in many cases those ideas I expressed earlier are a rarity.

Everything I said are expressly my own opinions and are not corroborated as facts. That being said I believe what I said makes some sense.

[ 01-14-2007, 02:56 AM: Message edited by: Mei ]

In other words, the company selling the not-adult part thinks they have a shot at putting the game out in the US? … err, that’s never going to happen.

There could be a market for ports of these games, but they aren’t being brought over.

I agree with what you said Nandemonai. I just meant in case there are further developments say it gets it own anime/manga or something of the sort. Another possibility is the non-adult company refuses is to avoid a “dirtying of there brand*” in oversea markets???

*dirting of there brand: meant as in an association with adult products. Playing the ignorant doesn’t hurt if those you feint it at are unaware of the other side of the coin.

A big culprit possibly is the investment is not worthwhile enough. I mean the market outside of Japan is extremely minuscule and does not even measure one half (I think less from what I have read) of there markets sales. Why invest when it takes precious resources on minimal returns.

Although I still think more companies should be open to expanding there portfolios given that many software houses involved in the businesses are small ones. Even if the returns are small pickings they still help if your company is in dire straits. Diversity is not always a godsend but if can save your life/company…or take it. :frowning:

All of what I have said is highly speculative on my part and should be taken as an opinion be it truth, half-truths, or flat out wrong (hopefully not this last one).

[ 01-14-2007, 03:26 AM: Message edited by: Mei ]