Saya no Uta General Thread (No Spoilers)

This is the official thread for Saya no Uta - The Song of Saya. Feel free to post any comments or questions you may have. This thread is spoiler-free. If you would like to discuss the story, please use this thread instead.

The current status of the game is Shipping. Thanks to everyone who preordered!

Please see the following blog posts for more information:

http://jastusa.com/blog/2013/03/22/saya … en-master/
http://jastusa.com/blog/2013/03/22/saya … ase-notes/

Good shit, I’ve been looking forward to this game for a while now. Have had it pre-ordered for over a year now.

This is going to be the second Nitro+ game localized in English, correct? Demonbane being the first.

Officially, yes.

No, Phantom was the first. This is the third.

[size=75]On the other hand, you could probably argue that the version of Phantom localised, the DVDPG version, is not in fact a Nitro+ title but instead a DigiTurbo title in which case Saya is the second and Demonbane the first. I think that’s being pretty pedantic though =P[/size]

I have a question about preordering this game together with Hanachirasu, it says (on this page) that if I order them together I get 5$ off, however putting them into my cart together doesn’t seem to apply a reduction. I tried going through the order process up to submitting my CC info and it never reduced… is that deal no longer around? Or is it just at like, the verrrry last step of the order process?

It’s possible that adding the download and bundle options broke the automatic discount. Are you trying to order one of those?

Oh wait, I see the discount being applied now, I’m just dumb sorry, it shows up on the “My Cart” page, but not the little cart sidebar - which threw me off. Guess I’ll go ahead and throw em on my credit card, what can it hurt?

There’s no option for how to get the game (download / cd / bundle) for Hanachirasu - how does that work? Will I just be able to pick one when it gets released? I don’t generally buy hardcopies (they make it much more difficult to hide your powerlevel xD) but whatever my preorder is in.

edit: It wants to charge me 5$ for shipping (another downside to hard copies xD) if I pick download version of Saya, but it gives me free shipping if I pick hard copy version - very odd, I assume it’s some sort of glitch with the free USA shipping deal. But whatevers I can live with a hard copy or two - hope the box it comes in isn’t neon pink or something(pls tell me it won’t come in the mail in neon pink or something QQ).

We’ll add the options to Hanachirasu later.

It shouldn’t charge you shipping for the download. Sounds like a glitch. We’ll fix it tomorrow.

We ship everything in standard cardboard boxes or padded envelopes. There’s no way to tell what it is without opening it.

They’ve started billing for Saya so it looks like a release this week sometime.

Looks like mine shipped earlier today. Been waiting for this for a long time now.

Thanks To JastUSA!

Happy that Saya no Uta has been released here in the US officially. I am also very glad that VN is intact without any compromising on the game part with censoring or removals, a trend that is happening way too often with any JP or non USA created released titles now. More frequently the games are being dumbed down or their original context removed by publishers. Much to the disregard of the fans and more to satisfy those who dislike such titles in first place. The excuse often used is to “westernize” the product, while removing the uniqueness and details which made the game in the first place.

Again, I am glad Saya is coming to the USA unscratched, even more so with the 18+ scenes that haven’t been butchered to death or out-right removed. I’ve seen the game on youtube and Saya is just one of those more rarer horror titles with twists and turns meant for a mature audience.

I hope JASTUSA releases more interesting VNs like Saya in the future, after disappointments with censoring on games like Scarlet Blade and Tera Online which don’t even come close to Saya in terms of mature 18+ content and are results of “westernization”(censorship).

Is there a handy dandy walkthrough for us busy\lazy folk? Most games have had one, but I’m just glad to be installing it today. ^^

It works perfectly on 64-bit Windows 7. It might also work fine on 64-bit XP and Vista. We just haven’t tested it on those systems.

There are only two decisions to be made in this game. Save at each and you’ll have no trouble getting all three endings.

lol…well. That DOES narrow it down, eh? ^^

Ahh…finished. Bittersweet but what should you expect? I don’t know if anyone else will run into this but running windows 7 64-bit after I installed it I kept getting an error that it could not find D3DX9_43.dll I had to find the .dll and throw it into the Saya no Uta folder to work. But maybe it was just my system being a brat.

Got this in the mail the other day, my first VN hard copy :mrgreen:

Good game, money well spent.

If you get the D3DX9_43.dll error, please download this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download … px?id=8109
Extract and run DXSETUP.exe

I noticed in the credits, there are references to “3D” productions, and Movies. I am wondering exactly what those are or were, since I have found no “3D” elements or movies in the game. Anyone?

It may refer to the teaser movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFMXuoi7yBc

The asking price was a bit steep for a game of this length, but the game itself is excellent, and the translation is among the best I’ve seen in a visual novel. Saya no Uta is a gem of dark romance that is completely unique in the English market.

I’m looking forward to more high caliber releases such as this in the future. It’s also good to see that despite the loli content the game was released without a single edit.