Saya no Uta Story Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Please post all story-related comments and questions in this thread. No need for spoiler tags.

All right. I’ll take this thread’s virginity, as it were. In general, when Saya is taking off her clothes, what exactly is she actually “taking off”?

Extending her tentacles, maybe? Forming orifices?

I find Fuminori’s distorted perception rather puzzling. If his perception is so distorted that he sees a tentacle monster as a human (and vice versa), his ability to judge shapes and distances must be way off. How does he walk around without running into things? Grab and hold things without missing / dropping them?

My interpretation was more that his distorted perception was closer to reality- as far as looking at tentacle monsters goes. Everyone else just sees something incomprehensible. Of course, he’s now unable to perceive humans. I don’t think the tentacle monsters are really any more tentacle monstery than the humans are. If we assume the brain is fairly comprehensive at maintaining this delusion, there’s really no way of telling what’s actually going on without a neutral third party. A neutral third party could be a camera, infra-red imaging, any kind of mechanical scanners - but assuming all this stuff works correctly I’d make a guess that Saya is just as humanoid as everyone else, there’s just a certain mental block that stops humans from perceiving eldritch horrors.

I can’t explain the walls though.

You mean Fuminori, right?

So, would someone wearing a fully functional (not costume) Darth Vader/Boba Fett helmet count as a “neutral third party”? As they have internal cameras, as opposed to “seeing with their own eyes”. In terms of Saya being humanoid and Eldritch, have you seen Desco from Disgaea 4? Do you mean someone like that? On a side note, if someone wanted to write a Saya X Desco yuri fanfic, that would be interesting, but I digress.

The reason that I ask is I’m wondering if she can do this:
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post … id=1332827
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post … &id=779429
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=74944
canonically. You know, I really want to see Saya in a dominatrix outfit, given her… interactions with Yoh.

I enjoyed the art work a lot. Fuminori laying in a hospital bed of entrails and flesh was one of my favorite CG’s in the game. I also enjoyed the ending where him and Saya died, and Koji descended into madness. Those are my favorite type of bad endings, death and insanity.

Well, given that she was raped by that neighbor, it should be something that can happen involuntary, as well as voluntary.

Green Jelly that Saya eat? what is that thing? oh curiosity…

What insanity? I only saw rational decisions, given the abnormal situation. Although, it was kinda stupid of Fuminori to push Koji down a well. Should have done a Skyrim-style throat slit and then dumped the confirmed-dead body in the well.

Some interesting questions to think about. After seeing all the endings it seems like there was a fair number of them, there’s the “bad” ending, the ending Where Fuminori “wins” but loses Saya, and the ending where Koji “wins” but loses his old way of life and sanity. It would’ve been interesting to see more backstory to Ogai. As for other endings that would’ve been interesting. One where Fuminori chooses to have his old senses returned to normal and doesn’t turn himself in would be interesting.

As for the causes of Fuminori’s insanity. In the beginning, mainly the 1st 3 months of the accident where he adapted to his condition, I think his condition caused him the initial insanity because he saw his old friends as rotting flesh beasts, which caused him to alienate himself from the world around him while clinging to Saya. When Saya killed Omi and ate her organs with Fuminori seeing it I think that Saya is indirectly responsible for furthering Fuminori’s insanity, though at the time he didn’t know he was eating human organs. Then when Fuminori killed Yosuke and and is given the choice to return to normal, he declines. When he talks about sacrificing his humanity for the person he loves it also seemed like he discarded his sanity.

While Saya may have pushed Fuminori more into insanity, I think most of it was caused by his condition and love for Saya.

How is this game, is it worth buying?

In terms of actual game play, there are only 2 decision points. Not much game play, obviously, as most visual novels focus on the story. While others may call it differently, to me, the story can be best described as the movie, “Shallow Hal”, except with petite aliens, instead of fat humans (thereby making it infinitely better).

Hi, JAST USA has moved to a new forum system, which much much more modern and easy to use. We’ll eventually close these old forums after some months. I’ve started a new thread at the new forums, at

https://connect.jastusa.com/discussions … 5000025193

Thanks, and hope to continue the discussion over there!