Saya no Uta Story Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

![Saya no Uta box](upload://uGA6DorUTfYNfNYMHWEpBbBKvVS.jpeg)

This is a new discussion thread to continue the thread on Saya no Uta.

Hopefully all serious fans Nitroplus fans have already picked up this most outstanding game. If you haven't, you can't really call yourself a visual novel fan, honestly. It's written by Urobuchi Gen, the mind behind anime hits such as Madoka Magica, Psycho-Pass, and Fate/Zero.

When you recommend a visual novel to someone not familiar with the genre, what do you usually steer them towards? While Saya no Uta is too much for some people due to its heavy use of gore and other dark content, sometimes we're tempted to suggest this as a first title. The story is so well developed, and the characters are contain a lot of depth. Did we mention the story is good? Yeah, it is. Grab it as a download, or get the package version from J-List, if you haven't play it already.

So what about you? What did you enjoy about it?

I believe the thing that makes Saya No Uta enjoyable is the overall theme of how beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Another thing I got from it is how reality is more about how you view your surroundings and other people instead of reality being an external concept that isn't influenced by you.

It shows us if it is possible to love someone even if you know they aren't human and if someone can love you even if they aren't the same species as you. It also explores what someone will do if their perception towards the world is completely different from what they're used to. If human organs taste good to them will someone still eat human organs even if they know they actually are human organs?

Good points. I just loved the story, it's among the tightest and most well structured of any game I've played. Super short, of course. Why don't they make an OAV of it for anime fans??