School Days HQ

Apparently, 0verflow is going to release in August, 2010, a “High Quality” edition of School Days, with new stories and all. People who bought any of the older editions can get a discount when buying this one.

Of course, this being 0verflow, we can expect the game to be pushed back again and again until December, 21st, 2012.

0verflow still trying to milk their (only?) popular franchise, heh? “High Quality”? It’s still only 800x600! :?

(Source.)

High quality probably doesn’t refer to the resolution so much; more just redoing everything to match the new visual style of Cross Days.

CRYSTAL BALL: The new School Days will retcon in a bit of Cross Days and have a Yuki route, because people couldn’t get enough of the ol’ 801. You heard it here first.
(I know the character list doesn’t indicate this but 0verflow are always full of surprises. I am frankly amazed people continue to buy their games)

Which isn’t enough to deserve a “High Quality” mention and a new release IMO, hence my sarcasm.

Not like it’s any worse than what GIGA did for years
On the other hand, GIGA’s games were actually good.

Oh, it’s not worse than what ‚ge did with their continuous remakes of Kiminozo either, but it doesn’t really make it better a move.

Giga also regularly releases new games; they’re not just milking one.

Each rerelease of Kiminozo added a whole heap of extra, awesome content. That’s not moneymilking at all- Latest Edition probably has about three games’ worth of script in it. Plus, the phi-age titles show us why age doesn’t make new games. Be thankful for that wwwwwwwww

Then, let’s hope that 0verflow adds “about three games’ worth of script” in School Days HQ as well!
…somehow, I don’t believe that, though. :slight_smile: