Seeking beta tester

My game development is painfully bogged down by my background artist’s lack of progress - but that’s okay, it means more time for testing!

Looking for someone who is:

fairly reliable (generally one assumes that long-time board members are not raging pirates itching to spread half-finished code across the net)

has a Windows machine with a decent graphics card (No Macs, no crappy cards.) And preferable enough tech know-how to download new drivers if there seem to be problems.

methodical enough to keep track of options and play through things many times, making different choices, in pursuit of endings - Could you beat Snow Drop without a walkthrough? While I hope I’m a little less frustrating, it will take some planning.

has enough net connection to repeatedly download multiple-MB files (“Oops, I just fixed something, can you download it again?”)

listens to instructions regarding what is and is not finished and doesn’t go off on a huge rant about something they were explicitly told wasn’t done yet!

Grammar and spelling are less of an issue here, as this is not a translated game and I know what I’m doing. Comments about the text are fine but may be ignored.

…just what exactly are you doing?

… trying to find someone other than me to play through the game and look for horrible logic errors? I know every path, I know how to win every girl. Therefore, I seek someone else to play through and figure out how hard it is, where more hints are needed, whether there’s any place where you accidentally insult her mother’s cooking and she becomes your best friend anyway?

What kind of graphics card are you talking about? My box is pretty old, but I’ve got the bandwidth, both timewise, and network wise. I’ve also got seven years IT experience. As long as we aren’t talking about some serious CGI type stuff I can probably handle it.

16mb+ visual memory is generally a safe baseline for the card, plus DX8.

actually i meant to ask…what game r u making

What is your game about? Unless it’s something like Water Closet 3, I’d be interested in doing beta testing for you. Let me know if I can help.

I might be interested. I’ve done quite a bit of game testing for microsoft and nintendo. My sys specs are way over what you need, for anything… I’d like to know a little more about what you are developing though.

email me at smogshaun@yahoo.com

I also know how to follow a non disclosure agreement.

I have some experience in beta testing (none in b-game though), mostly for MMORPG games.
My computer specs are way above what you may ever need for a game right now.
i’m an addict to games, so, if you need somebody who wants to play it over and over again, i’m the right one XD
i have 512/128 bandwich.

When i betatest something, i usually make a list on wordpad or something, detailing the bug or “whatever” and how and when did it happen…

If you think that’s enough, count on me.
the_unholy_avenger (AT) hot*mail (dot) com

Cool, sounds like I have enough options for now.

This is the project I’ve occasionally mentioned - http://www.hanakogames.com/summer.shtml - which is currently having severe art problems and may be badly delayed, but options are being looked into. One of the ideas behind making a short project was to raise some funds to hire an artist who didn’t suck and was reliable for future works - who knew that getting artists even for SHORT projects would be so much trouble? Ah well.

Hi Papillon
I can’t really ask something to you, but I think that’s could be good thing to put your homepage in your profile.
(I’d like it)
PS:
Your new game sound good (I am goint to download the demo to see mare of it)

I’ll beta test for you. I’ve played just about every amateur renai game out there and keeping an eye out for some others that are not quite released yet to play. I appreciate the time and effort they put into their games

I’m willing to beta test. I can do it in win xp, and win 98se (different computers). If I ever manage to squeeze the user password out of my bro, I can offer to test on win 2k.

My contact info is in my profile.

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
This is the project I've occasionally mentioned - http://www.hanakogames.com/summer.shtml - which is currently having severe art problems and may be badly delayed, but options are being looked into. One of the ideas behind making a short project was to raise some funds to hire an artist who didn't suck and was reliable for future works - who knew that getting artists even for SHORT projects would be so much trouble? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] Ah well.

Good contractors are hard to find. A good plumber, a good electrician, a good computer technician (resolve all your computer woes), or anybody is who skilled in a specialty field would be in demand for their services. And artists definitely belong in that group. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Unfortunatly i don’t have the tools…Most of drawings are done pen & paper.