Seinarukana pre-release thread

A link to the trailer in question would help your argument. A translation of the content in question would help even more. If you handed me a text capture of the Japanese I could possibly translate it (but not sub it) myself.

The official link to CyberFront's trailer is dead along with the website, so the only trailer I can find is this. I'm afraid I can't provide a text capture since I don't know how :P

Text capture = write the Japanese from the video into a text file.

Not OCR capture? Either way, I can't do that either since I don't know Japanese. Maybe the TL working on the extra content for the PSP steam release can do that. Narukana's quote in the PSP trailer is visualized, so it shouldn't be difficult to provide text.

I'm... confused why you're so convinced this text is important when you can't understand it yourself. I can more or less understand it and it doesn't seem particularly important. Just the usual vague outline of a theme to garner interest. Like I said, if you can provide the lines in text format I'll translate them for you. That's much more likely than JAST deciding to work on it. If you ask on Fuwanovel someone might be willing to do that for you.

I can't read Japanese, but I can, to a degree from all my years watching anime, grasp that Narukana is foreshadowing the stage which, as you say, is like outlining the theme that's to come.

?????????

???????????????

† † † † †???† † † † † † † †??

???(??)?????(?)?????

????ÖÖ????????????

† † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † † ??

????????????(????)

??????????????????

?????????????

Anyways, I tried text capture using a program. It's the best I could do. The text in†parenthesis†is for furigana.

Seinarukana The Spirit Of Eternity Sword 2 PSP Trailer

?????????

???????????????

??? ??

???(??)?????(?)?????

????¬Ö¬Ö????????????

??

????????????(????)

??????????????????

?????????????

Ruin or destruction

This world approaches its demise.

You, travelers who bear the souls of Gods

There is something I must regain

A very important hope

In the name of Orihalcon, I order you

Assemble here and now

I think you should respect ellipsis and expressive emphasized words In any case, thank you very much, sanahtlig.

So it's up to JAST if they want to include that somewhere and maybe even Narukana's voiceover. I, for one, think it will be great if they did.

Honestly I still think the message is so vague as to be meaningless--it doesn't tell you anything useful about the game or setting. The trailer spends a lot of time on it too.

S-Sometimes it's the little things, you know! But, really, it all add ups and contributes to the story's thematic narrative IMHO. To go into detail would be too spoilerish, but the gist of it is that I think it's important to show who is narrating and guiding fate, and it can't be none other than the person behind that voice. Seinarukana needs every bit of narrative direction it can get since the story in that area is fairly weak, anyways.

Also, I believe there is still debate on who is the true girl, in other words which route is canon. Before the PSP release, it was iffy even when one looked at the fandisc since either of the ending in which the protagonist ascended can follow the story of the fandisc. So more suggestion of who's the true central girl could help support one ending over the other one.

The Steam version should release at the same time as the adult version (source). The game is Golden Master now so expect it to release in 1-3 months.

Does JAST plan to release a playable demo? That's kind of important if you want Steam users to give it a try.

I, for one, would like a definitive answer as to whether the adult version will have the additional PSP content or not. Seems strange to be hiding these kinds of details.

Why is that I cannot pre purchase the adult digital version on Jlist?

I don't want to buy on steam since it's all ages, and since the game is "golden master" why don't you start selling right away a digital edition.

Ps. I remember buying a hard copy of Yumina the ethereal and getting a download code, so I could start downloading right away, my hard copy took 3 months to arrive by the way, and since customs hate my guts I can't buy hard copies anymore.

I suspect that the reason is they want everything to launch at the same time to combat piracy. If by the time the hard copies are done being pressed, the game’s been cracked for weeks, then they’re going to have a lot of inventory it will be hard for them to move.

@Nandemonai
I guess you’re right, I hope this game sells well since there’s so little +18 translated Jrpgs out there…

Hi there..

So just to be sure, buying it as hardcopy I get +18 uncut version on DVD and card with Steam key for All Ages version with additional content from PSP, right?

Cheers.

That is indeed what the shop page says.

Does anyone know how to install the game? I downloaded the 4 setup files but don't really know what to do next.

Just ensure they are all in the same place then run setup

I fixed the problem. For some reason, the setup downloaded incorrectly and it looked like the rest of the setup files. I just changed its name to setup.exe and it finally gave me the option to run it.