Seinarukana pre-release thread

Thanks for the clarification, Tim. I’m a little disappointed about the lack of LE, but on the other hand, my crowded bookshelf thanks you!

I see, thank you for clarifying Jack Sprat, Sanahtlig, and Tim. I will Pre-Order the game when I'm able to.

So, is this game is completely uncensored? I would love to preorder it, but first i would like to know if there

is cut content and how much.

My advice is forget English voices… English voices sound awful you have to pay English actors and they are bad. Save the money we that play these type of games are only using the Japanese voices! Second do a release on Steam with an ability for the adults to download the uncensored version on your site! Just like Mangagamer have done with several of there games.

I refuse to buy a censored game so if you censor a game and I can not get the uncensored from you than I refuse to buy. I personally own 10 Mangagamer Games and several games by you all… since you are merged with G-Collections now also. Yukkurri Panic, DOR, Deux Ex Machina, Viper Paradice, Critical Pointe, Tsukushite Agechau 4, Let’s Meow Meow, Brave Soul, Milky House Memorial, Jast USA Memorial, Borderline 3, and Transfer Student as hard shipped copies.

But start censoring and I will not buy at all. I would rather not see the title translated than see it butchered with censors. Nothing I have purchased from Mangagamer and they DO NOT censor! They even have some loli games and do very well because they do not cave to the masses. STOP LISTENING TO THE MASSES THEY ARE NOT BUYING YOUR GAMES!!! Listen to the ones buying your games they are your market not the MASSES! Stop listening to crazy pyscho feminist that preach against nudity and than petition fully nude! This should tell you already they are messed up in the head! They are not buying your games they are only trying to bring you all down as a company by making you listen to them so that US who buy your games WON’T BUY your games!

I know of a few games you have Censored that has made me NOT PURCHASE them games! You bowing to the MASSES that are not BUYING your games are the reason you are not selling as many games as Mangagamer!

@Chidis and Marvin: I haven’t heard anything about censorship within this release. Generally, fans can spot a “censorship question mark” scene or character in advance, so the lack of buzz about it makes me suspect there isn’t one here. JAST staff can confirm or deny.

But second, I ain’t too proud to beg: please, please, please, let’s not start another 60-page discussion thread on this topic. Read the back and forth in the ungodly-long Shiny Days thread. Purists opposed to censorship for any reason articulated their case well there – JAST made their case well for being concerned about legal justice ramifications for themselves or their fans where certain scenes are concerned, regardless of what judgment call the competition decided to make. Police and lawyers are at issue, not MASSES or a mysterious cadre of naked feminists. But, yeah. Check out that thread for the philosophical back-and-forth. JAST crew will reply here soon with a solid “yes” or “no” to your question, I’m sure.

@Chidis: Steam version is cut for steam, the physical version from J-list and DL (Eventually) from JAST will be uncut and de-mosaiced.

@Marvin Gage: Not sure where the discussion about voices game in... We've never tried dubbing an eroge before, I don't see any reason to start now. If you are buying the JList version, a steam key is included so that would be the way to go.

@Jack Sprat: Thanks for replying. Btw please check your mail, my web guy seems to need some help, ty.

Does that ‘Eventually’ mean the DL edition will be delayed? That sucks, I was going to get the steam version but with it cut I might as well wait for DL.That or an illegal decensor patch :V

Erikonig: It means that it is not up yet, but it will be.

There will be no censorship of the game whatsoever. And I’m happy to say the Steam version has extensive additional content, routes and scenarios and even some new characters. It’s so extensive I’ve been staying at work til 1 am every night translating it.

@Peter: You translate? I thought you guys hired contractors to do that?

@Peter: Interesting, thanks for your work! Will the adult version include the additional content as well? If not, would it be possible for the steam keys to be included in the adult DL edition or perhaps for a small additional cost (~$10 or so seems within reason to me)? I know its included in the physical, but I'd prefer a digital version.

"If not, would it be possible for the steam keys to be included in the adult DL edition"

MangaGamer recently stopped offering Steam keys with their digital titles because they were getting scammed by criminals using fake credit cards who resold the Steam keys on the black market. So don't count on it.

So I’m getting mixed signals here. Is the Steam version cut or not?

The Steam version does not have adult content. The adult version... does.

“There will be no censorship of the game whatsoever. And I’m happy to say the Steam version has extensive additional content, routes and scenarios and even some new characters. It’s so extensive I’ve been staying at work til 1 am every night translating it.”Then what is this supposed to mean? Do we have to choose between additional gameplay elements and adult scenes, or does the steam version have everything plus the new content?

Seinaukana: no censorship, no cutsAselia: literally no adult content in any version jast has atm. They will ‘consider’ the possibility of translating it later. For now, the steam version should have additional content from the PSP version.Unless the seinarukana steam version has changes/adds minus adult content, that should be it.

I've summarized my current understanding of the situation on my blog.

Steam release of RPG Seinarukana will feature extra content from the PSP version translated by Peter Payne himself

I’m reading this the same way as Sanahtlig. It sounds like the version available through JAST USA and J-List will be the original game, adult content and all, with zero censorship.

The Steam release will essentially be like a ported all-ages PSP version of the game, with the adult taken out but some bonus content added in by way of consolation.

Really, the only question I see is whether JAST’s adult version might also include the PSP content. They may be keeping the two separate to avoid “frankensteining” the two versions together and dealing with the potential coding problems. Since the physical edition contains a Steam key, I’m a’ight with that.

Alright... That seems fair. I inherently hate all-ages version of H-RPGs though, since to me it's pointless censoring, barring a few games where the sex really is superfluous. In Seinarukana though, you're pretty much telling a love story at the same time as you play through the game- Characters already start with budding feelings for each other at the beginning, and sex is just one of the ways to express the culmination of their relationship. It doesn't feel right to cut it.

Hence I'll probably be buying the DL adult version, because shipping into third-world countries is a massive headache. I'll likely be missing the PSP content, which is sad- But I hope won't detract too much from the main game.

Would it be possible for JAST to use the PSP trailer of Seinarukana? I asked sanahtlig about this, but I guess I should ask JAST directly. I'll re-post the reason why I'm asking:

There are ominous, foreshadowing words spoken by Narukana that helps sets the setting in the PSP trailer, which I think is important if they are going to use the PSP content for Steam release.

Xuse and CyberFront were the publisher (I believe) of the PSP port, but the latter company got dissolved. If it isn't possible to actually use the trailer, how about just including visual translated text of Narukana's words that were spoken in the PSP trailer and include in the official website somewhere or for Steam's own specific trailer that includes the extra PSP contents.