Shiny Days Interview?

![Shiny Days pic](upload://aljhnOYtfYDjloopczIQ2dPUrjN.jpeg)

We know all purchasers of Starless are going to love the interview with Sei Shoujo that's in the artbook, which goes over how he got into the industry, what his influences were, and so on.

We'll be doing an interview in the Shiny Days, too, with question from fans answered by Ohnuma-san, who is the creative (perverted) genius behind School Days/Shiny Days/Summer Days and all the other titles in the series.

So we'd like to know what questions fans would like us to pass along to him for the final interview?

1.Are there any chances if shiny days does well in the English market that other installments of the days series can be seen translated such as island days,cross days and strip battle?2. Any chances of any shiny days anime , cross days or island days anime or ova?3. What is your thoughts on how well school days has done in the English market.Are you surprised?

1. I really like the School Days series. Is it true that Overflow is no longer making games? Is it possible that English sales could provide the necessary income to work on more interactive movies like the School Days series?

2. Given that Overflow said Shiny Days would be their last title, what was Overflow's involvement in the development of Island Days?

3. I'm a huge fan of anime-style interactive movies, and I think this is one of the elements that made School Days so popular among English fans. Do you see a future for story-driven interactive movies in Japan?

1. Do you have any specific method when writing your Visual Novel? Any step you follow throughly?

2. Any classic VN that inspired the one you created?

I have a question to the entire business, so I guess you could ask Ohnuma-san about it as well.

1. Have you ever considered the benefits of allowing a VN to display both English and Japanese text at the same time to help people learn Japanese? (Preferably with furigana if possible.) In the long run this would increase the amount of people importing Japanese VNs and your Japanese market would grow.

Though I have to admit that this fits better with other titles that are not so much like a movie that it would be hard to read double lines of text. Still, I’d like companies to think about it.

1 If shiny days does make a good success in the English localised version for the US, Europe etc is it possible if we can also have a English localised version for cross days.

2 I think myself and a lot of people would like to know that how come makoto is such a bad, heartless, a**hole character for the games and especially in the anime i apologise for my bad language but I've been so curious for such a long time thank you

"1. Have you ever considered the benefits of allowing a VN to display both English and Japanese text at the same time to help people learn Japanese? (Preferably with furigana if possible.) In the long run this would increase the amount of people importing Japanese VNs and your Japanese market would grow."

Removal of mosaics would make this very dicey, as including a Japanese language option would make Japan a target market for the release--despite ero without mosiacs being illegal in Japan. Basically, it would encourage Japanese residents to break the law.

"1 If shiny days does make a good success in the English localised version for the US, Europe etc is it possible if we can also have a English localised version for cross days."

I wrote a review of Cross Days, for those interested in learning more about this title.

Cross Days: A trainwreck as enthralling as it is infuriating

"Removal of mosaics would make this very dicey, as including a Japanese language option would make Japan a target market for the release--despite ero without mosiacs being illegal in Japan. Basically, it would encourage Japanese residents to break the law."

I don't think that matters. Considering most titles have voices in Japanese the text itself would only really increase the law breaking for deaf people or people living with their parents and not owning headphones.

Eroge releases with English and Japanese text options exist. Given that demosaicing is the norm in the English market, I invite you to point out a single such release that is demosaiced.

1. What do you think the Japanese Visual Novel industry will look like 10-15 years from now and how do you think it will impact/influence your future works.

2. What do you think about crowd funding services such as Kickstarter that directly connect content creators with fans? Is this something you may consider in the future? Do you think services like Kickstarter would do well in Japan?

Feel free to edit my exact words here for clarification…

1. I loved the way School Days initially gave you the impression that it was going to be a very by-the-numbers high school romance, then introduced the possibility for all sorts of violent love-lorn madness. What was the motive behind taking this approach to the story? Were you bored and angry at the stereotypical visual novel’s protagonist who could so easily play the field without consequences, and did you want to put him through hell? Was it meant to be a dark parody of that type of game? Or were you aiming to make a more serious statement?

2. What do you hope your greatest legacy will be in the visual novel genre? In what area do you feel you have contributed most?

3. Do you have any plans to continue the ____ Days series further? If not, what do you think your next creative project will be?

4. What’s your favorite kind of boat?

"Eroge releases with English and Japanese text options exist. Given that demosaicing is the norm in the English market, I invite you to point out a single such release that is demosaiced."

Know what? You point me in the way of those dual text games instead so I can buy them. I think most titles I have with dual text is actually all-ages or similar. I think Nekopara may have been ero with dual text.

Casual Romance Club

Nekopara Vol. 1

Gin'iro (not sure where to buy this)

Those are the dual-language eroge releases with text in both English and Japanese that I'm aware of.

1. Who is you favorite character in the School Days universe. (why/elaborate)

2. What is your "type" (archetype) of (female) character.

1. How do you feel about censorship, mosaic and otherwise, and content being cut as a whole?

2. What is your view on people overseas pirating Japanese media, and what about inside Japan?