Since a lot of people have been asking for more interact

I will once again highly recommend that you all get the amazing Baldr Force EXE. I reveiwed it way back in May right here on the Japanese review board at Peach Princess and didn’t get much interest so I thought I’d replug it. It is an ADV style Bishoujou Game with a really fun and highly customizable real-time 2D top-down shooting battle system.
When I reviewed it I thought I was almost done with the game. Boy was I wrong, when I finally had completed all paths and gotten 100% CGs and scenes I had clocked in over 70 hours!(I always used the "skip previously seen scenes option) But thats not all, there was also the really well thought-out Survival mode. Plus after downloading the latest patch, Hell Mode (An extremely difficult challenge mode which rewards you with some additional CGs) was added. If you want more specific details check out my review or feel free to ask here. Don’t worry that this game is in Japanese because its so much fun that you won’t even care. I am shocked that this game is so little known here since it is so good and was made by a fairly well known developer (GIGA/TGL). If anything just show some interest because this one realy deserves to get an English release someday. Even a Dreamcast version is due out in October (although I doubt the “money scenes” will be left in) Please play this game, you all really are missing out, and sorry for the long post.

Do you have a URL for this game?

heres the official website: http://www.web-giga.com/baldrforce/bf_top.htm

yeah I’ve heard good things about baldr force. But my expenses preclude me from getting games I can’t understand now

Yeah… Giga-Soft have some pretty impressive BGames, interactive or not.

If i remember well, BALDR FORCE EXE is the 3rd from the BALDR series, all of them Mecha Action-RPGs. BFE has a non-H version for Dreamcast, too.
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=21028
http://www.alchemist-net.co.jp/products/bf_exe/

Info for the other BALDRs bellow:
http://www.densetsu.com/display.php?id=35&style=alphabetical
http://www.densetsu.com/display.php?id=339&style=alphabetical

And not just that, it’s theirs the great V.G. (Variable GEO) series, a pretty famous Fighting-action BGame.

And they have great RPGs too. Personally, HARLEM BLADE 2 is my all-time favorite Bishoujo Action-RPG, even nowadays.

Any chance PeaPri or G-Col start to translate BGames from Giga-Soft?

[This message has been edited by Peter Gilis (edited 09-10-2004).]

Yes GIGA is certainly my favorite B-game producer. I treasure my copy of Steam Heart’s for Saturn even though it was censored. I can’t wait for their next game “Duel Savior” to come out this October 1st. I tried the demo and it plays like a cross between a fighter and a beat-um-up and at an insane speed. Here’s the official site: http://www.web-giga.com/duelsavior/duelsavior_f.htm

"Any chance PeaPri or G-Col start to translate BGames from Giga-Soft?"

I certainly hope so…

Yeap, Balder Force EXE is a great game. The interactiveness of this game keeps your blood pumping throughout the game. I’d have to say that this game is currently one the best games that I’ve played so far, if not thee best. This game is truely worth the investment.

I especially love the intro, song sung by I’ve Kotoko, I only wish it (the song) was longer. Is there a longer version of the song?

[This message has been edited by eejeejee (edited 09-11-2004).]

I also love the intro song, and yes there is a much longer version of it. Lately it seems like all of GIGA’s games are featuring intro songs with KOTOKO. At their Duel Savior site in my previous post you can download the intro for the game and it is also set to a really good song by KOTOKO. You can also download it in .mp3 format there as well

I downloaded the trial version of Duel Savior. Wow, that’s a lot of fun! Seems like a button masher to me, but I know there’s a little more to it than that. I just wish I had some kind of controller. It feels like a mix between Marvel vs Capcom with any beat 'em up game. With that fun and easy to play battle system, plus really good character designs, I think everyone could enjoy this without understanding the story. But what’s the deal with Nanashi? She’s so cute but she’s wrapped in bandages and she falls apart? That’s different. Does anyone know where I can download a demo for VG Neo? The official site has taken the demo down, but it must still be on the web somewhere.

"But what’s the deal with Nanashi? She’s so cute but she’s wrapped in bandages and she falls apart? That’s different."

In the game’s opening sequence (which can be downloaded from the main site) it mentions that she is an “undead” so I guess she doesn’t need to have her body parts intact.

Okay. I already figured it out by running her description from Getchu’s website through babble fish. I know some Japanese, but not nearly enough. The controls are easy enough, but they would be a lot better with a control pad. Has anyone been able to use some kind of pad to play? Even the arrow keys would be okay, but it’s hard to control using the 2, 4, 6, and 8 keys on the number pad. Too bad that amazon Japan is selling it for 33% off, but they won’t ship adult products outside of Japan. Why is that? It’s not like it’s illegal to have them in the US, and other places ship those games here. But, other places charge a lot more. To buy it at himeya (when you add $15 for shipping air mail) it will cost $98. That’s a lot, but this game looks like a great combination of action and “action.” Is there anywhere to get it cheaper? And how about that VG Neo demo? If anyone has it, would you pm me? Maybe send it through AIM sometime or something.

You can use a gamepad with the demo. I just plugged in my standard $10 USB gamepad before I launched the demo and the demo auto-detected it (it didn’t give me a message or anything it just worked).

I’ve never used any kind of PC game pad before. I’ve only played bishoujo games that don’t use game pads, and FFXI which only uses the keyboard and mouse. Do you know a website or store that sells them. It would make Duel Savior a lot better, that’s for sure. If I can get it to work with the game pad, then I’ll preorder Duel Savior. It’ll be a lot of fun.

Well I have a Gravis USB gamepad that looks almost identical to your standard Sony Playstation controller. I got it at my local Comp USA store for like $10. Most stores that sell PC games like Electronics Boutique and Gamestop sell them as well. My gamepad has a horrible D-pad though and I plan on getting a new one. www.ncsx.com has Sega made USB Saturn controllers in stock, their kind of steep, but the Saturn controller is the best controller ever made in my opinion and I plan on getting one.

Oh, you mean this:

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/07827.html

Hmmm… looks pretty good. I’m sure it will be a lot better than the gravis pad. It should be especially good for Duel Savior, as the game uses three buttons and the D-pad. Nice. Maybe I should get it. It says that you need a 1.1 USB port, and I’m not sure what I have. I’ll have to check before I order that controler. Thanks for the advice, I would have never found that nice controler on my own. I see that it’s a new product. I wonder why Sega would release their old controler to be used with PC.