Sisters ~Natsu no Saigo no Hi~ (nsfw)

fujifruit, I think zalas was trying to say (please correct me if I’m wrong) that a ridiculous amount of anime has been taking cues from visual novels as of late. If we’re just going for straight adaptations, in the past year or so we’ve had Requiem for the Phantom, Tayutama, Tears to Tiara, 11eyes, White Album, Fate / Unlimited Blade Works, Koihime Musou, Princess Lover, Fortune Arterial, Shukufuku no Campanella, Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke wo, Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, Ookami Kakushi, and Umineko no Naku Koro ni, among many others. Furthermore, Amagami SS reboots its story every four episodes so that every route from the game can be explored without road-cones, and Yosuga no Sora actually branches out at particular points to recreate the narrative structure of the visual novel it is based off of (I wouldn’t be surprised if the DVD/BD menu for Yosuga no Sora actually looked like a decision window or a route tree for the game). In other words, the gap between an interactive anime and a cinematic visual novel has been shrinking these past few seasons, hence why zalas thought you hadn’t seen any recent anime.

Haha what? Was the anime endlessly delayed too?

The difference would be: All those adaption’s sucked.

I’m inclined to disagree, though I wouldn’t call any of them perfect. Phantom was a great adaptation up until Chapter 3 (Episode 20), Yosuga no Sora really went overboard in the sex department, Fate’s breakneck pacing could induce whiplash, and Tears to Tiara for the most part felt like an improvement over the original game to me (I thought the game questioned my intelligence; the anime, not nearly as much). I haven’t seen all of Koihime Musou (just season 1), Tayutama (1 episode), White Album (first half), or Amagami (first half again), so I have to reserve my judgement on those for the time being. I’ll admit, the anime of 11eyes really did suck, and both versions of Princess Lover left a lot to be desired. Aside from Sono Hanabira and the above, I haven’t started watching any of the other titles I listed (I’m waiting for the Fortune Arterial game translation before I check out the anime - the demo was great).

By the way, the Sono Hanabira OVA is a sequel, not an adaptation. Since you didn’t call me on that, would it be too much for me to assume that you’re generalizing or projecting your expectations regarding the other 14 shows I mentioned? Though it’s possible, I doubt you’ve seen every single one of them (I certainly haven’t). Sorry it sounds like I’m picking on you, but prejudice / pre-judging of any kind is something that gets on my nerves.

Back on topic: Sola and True Tears weren’t based off of visual novels (the latter coincidentally shares the same name as one), but they certainly felt like VN-based anime. I could say the same for Angel Beats and Hatsukoi Limited to an extent, and I hear from a trusted friend of mine that Hanasaku Iroha has the same feel to it as well.

Sola is an animation I’m actually interested in - probably going to grab the DVDs at some stage. Great, familiar staff and a decent-sounding story. Too bad the animation quality doesn’t seem to match the quality of the character designs.

I’m up for this. The word sisted always call me to a game. And a game where you can see people and things getting older seems good to me. To bad you can finish the game in that little amount of time. But i would like to try this at least.

(¬ø4?)