Slave Bazaar

I remember hearing about this game. I read about it and got really excited

But then It dissappeared from the peach princess website.What happenned? I don’t wanna pry if It’s a company secret but I was really really looking forward to this game. And I still am.

quote:
Originally posted by Kyoshiro:
I remember hearing about this game. I read about it and got really excited

But then It dissappeared from the peach princess website.What happenned? I don't wanna pry if It's a company secret but I was really really looking forward to this game. And I still am.

It's been put on hiatus, until, or even if some of the issues (i.e. the text entries for the journal, and maybe some others I don't know about) can get worked out. Lamuness should probably be answering this one, he has more inside info on the delays / problems that are holding up this game.

how bout ya just forget bout all that and send us a journal made by pea pri to imitate the one in the game…

I can name three problems right off the top of my head.

1) That would necessitate getting an artist to do them in the States. This would basically be almost the same as getting the Japanese company to do it, except without the advantage of the original artist.

2) The Japanese company would not be amused

3) The English-speaking fanboys (like myself) would not be amused

and your point?

All that matters is that the game would be released so that in 1 form or another i could understand it… even if it was giniro style…

And i know its hard to pick up sarcastic tone, but i was laying it on pretty thick… i thought it was pretty easy to pick up… no?

quote:
Originally posted by Gambit:
and your point?

All that matters is that the game would be released so that in 1 form or another i could understand it... even if it was giniro style....

And i know its hard to pick up sarcastic tone, but i was laying it on pretty thick... i thought it was pretty easy to pick up... no?

Yeah, reading that again it's pretty obvious...I was really tired ^^

We will try very hard to get this game released sometime in the future. Obviously we’re focusing on BS and LMM and Gibo first.

Someone maybe has a link to a site where I could see a preview of the game?? Just wondered because I never heard of the game and don’t know what it’s all about.

Here’s the link to Slave Bazaar : Renaissance. (The DVD release of the game with extra (meaning not in the version we’re getting) Graphics)

http://www.ruf-soft.com/gr11/index.htm

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
(The DVD release of the game with extra (meaning not in the version we're getting) Graphics)

Slave Bazaar Renaissance also features an additional path in the story.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 08-17-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
Obviously we're focusing on BS and LMM and Gibo first.

Actually, as things now are, I am more than happy with this decision.

Slave Bazaar proved to be a game with a more than just insteresting story, but we already have some games that excel in the story department and BS is going to be a game that instead offers an other than multiple-choice-adv gameplay.

*grins back at the picket line*

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
Here's the link to Slave Bazaar : Renaissance. (The DVD release of the game with extra (meaning not in the version we're getting) Graphics)

http://www.ruf-soft.com/gr11/index.htm

Thx for the link!

quote:
We will try very hard to get this game released sometime in the future. Obviously we're focusing on BS and LMM and Gibo first.

Oooh, so does that mean that the Game Editor position was for work on Gibo? Which reminds me, what happened with that position?

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Oooh, so does that mean that the Game Editor position was for work on Gibo? Which reminds me, what happened with that position?

I think that's one of those "I can neither confirm nor deny..." questions, and he probably did not intend to reveal that. IF it's true (which I certainly don't know since I didn't even apply).

Having said that, I think you narrowed it down pretty well by process of elimination. There's LMM, Brave Soul, and Gibo that they want to get out in the near future...then there's La Voyeur, LMM: Pandora's Box, and Slave Bazaar. Beyond that, who knows...but unless they're going to bypass Gibo in favor of one of the OTHER titles they announced way back in the Dark Ages when ENIAC's roamed the earth, Gibo it (probably) is.

(Bringing an older conversation thread back up, if Peach Princess HAS secured any more rights they would probably not have announced the games' acquisition...knowing what ended up happening the last time they did that.

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 08-18-2003).]

quote:
We will try very hard to get this game released sometime in the future. Obviously we're focusing on BS and LMM and Gibo first.

Yess My little maid and brave soul are High on my list ^_^.

I'm just glad to hear that you guys haven't given up on Slave bazaar. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Now what picket line do I want to join after BS?
SB or Something else?

I'm joining the SB picket line. I'm also contemplating what the next petition should be. (I'm leaning towards Witches of Salem or if they could work a little something out with G-Collections, Fortuna.)

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 08-23-2003).]

I personally believe that they have already negotiated rights to titles beyond those announced several years ago.

I tend to agree with Lamuness - there was far too much information shared far too openly back in the days when Kumiko had a heavy board presence. He revealed things he probably shouldn’t have.

Now, considering that they announced the titles, and then had to retract the announcement saying “we’ve got to concentrate our efforts”…if they HAD acquired the rights to any more licenses after they had to “unannounce” like six titles and erase all reference to them from the site itself…they would keep their mouths shut this time.

Now that things have improved for them, they still have a lot of work to do, but things are actually progressing now, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they were looking at what will have to happen when they work through their current queue.