Snow Drop

First of all hello, I’m new here.
I’ve been interested in these kinda games for quite a while. But I haven’t played one yet. But now I’ve decided to buy one. I put my attention to Snow Drop. Now this may have been a topic recently, but I don’t really care. What I wan’t to know if it’s a good game to begin with and if it has an engaging story. So those who have played it, can you give me your opinions od the game. There is not much information on the product site. But I feel like it’s a good game. And besides, I love the artwork.

First of all, Welcome …

I personally would recommend G-Collections’ Private Nurse and Kana; Peachprincess’ Brave Soul and Tokimeki Check-In. I especially love Private Nurse as it has very engaging and interesting stories, plus its beautiful artwrok. One of the best B-Games available in English Speaking market.

But, it seems to me that you have made up your mind about Snow Drop, then allow me to give you my 2 cents. I personally think Snow Drop is an okay game. Not the best out there but it’s also not the worst. It does have a story line that’s quite interesting but be warned…this game is short. Some people found the game to be hard to beat but if you are able to proceed the game smoothly like I did, you might find the game to be surprisingly short. If you need any more information about that game, please feel free to ask. People here are quite happy to answer game related questions in general.

Welcome.

As has been mentioned there are those like Kana : Little Sister and Crescendo which have perhaps deeper plots and more possible endings, but there is just something about Snow Drop which keeps it in my top 6 favorites. To be honest I am not sure what that is since there are others with more endings, easier to use interfaces, but it’s just one of those that remains as favorite.

Snow Drop does indeed good artwork, and overall a good and enjoyable plot, with a good story, so one that I do not mind recommending playing. However, I also recommend several other games including Kana : Little Sister with the caution that for this game the endings have reduced many of us to tears, Crescendo , Tsukushite Agechau 4 , and the two Kango Schichayzo that have been translated.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-16-2004).]

I’m a Snow Drop fan - mostly because the good artwork and music which conveys a certain dreamlike quality, and the backstory which is based on the Yuki Onna (Snow Lady) legend. Some of the gameplay decisions seem arbitrary, like which ski slope do you have to go to meet various girls, but for the most part I found it engrossing.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 02-17-2004).]

Heh, I think my mind was settled on Snow Drop when I first started this thread.
You say that Snow Drop is kinda short. I don’t know what is considered short for these kinda games.
But wouldn’t it be good for a beginner like me to play a game that’s not so very long?

And I also have been calculating on this (god bless calculators) and I have come to the conclusion that I may be able to buy two games. And because I live in Sweden I don’t want to order another game if I can get two games cheaper by ordering them at the same time. If I would do that I think I would go for Crecendo, the storyline of Kana~Little Sister seemed so weird.

[This message has been edited by cenec (edited 02-17-2004).]

If you want the most bang for your Kronor or Euros, you could order Snow Drop, Milky House Memorial Collection (2 games), JAST USA Memorial Collection (3 games), and one of the other recommended titles for less than $100USD from J-List with their 20% discount on four or more games.

Welcome.

Well, for me personally, Snow Drop is still my top game. It’s also probably the game I’ve spent the most time studying. A lot of my understanding of the gameplay and story logic for bishoujo games came from it. So I’m more than a little biased for it…

btw. does Snow Drop have animated scenes? And are the VAs (voice actors) good?

I don’t believe there’s any animated scenes in Snow drop. It’s a good game but like some of the people already said it can be dificult to reach the final half of the game. God knows I tried many times before I got it
Other games you may want to get if your after a good story is Cresendo, great story about first love and a great piano sountrack. Kana while a great story is sad sad sad makes me cry everytime I tried to play so I just stopped. Chain is a good dective story although it is a linear game. Another good dective story is Eve Burst Error. If you like horror stories then try Divi-dead.

If you are looking for animated h-scenes then look at the Zyx titles that G-collection has like Horny bunny, Tsuki, and Virgin roster. Although some of those titles are very dark.

with very dark you mean something like:
weird, perverted stuff? Am I correct?

quote:
Originally posted by cenec:

Yes. Rape everywhere, mostly.

quote:
Originally posted by cenec:

In general, when most of us call a title "dark", it's because the storyline focuses on domination or control, through physical or mental means, usually rape. "Weird, preverted stuff" is a little more ambigious. Water Closet is probably considered "weird, perverted stuff" but it's not a "dark" title.

Hmm, yup no animated scenes. Err, can't remember exactly how good the VA's were. I thought they felt and sounded appropriate for each character. Can't say much beyond that.

Ooops heh sorry maybe shoulda defined what dark was since people new to bishoujo games might not know what it means. Luckly the other forum members have already defined it for me

The Zyx titles that are not dark would include Chain, and Horny bunnies. Speaking of which Horny bunnies 2 is the next G-coll game to come out

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
The Zyx titles that are not dark would include Chain, and Horny bunnies. Speaking of which Horny bunnies 2 is the next G-coll game to come out [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Any rumors yet on when it might come out? Well speaking of Zyx which has a lot of the animated scenes, it seems AngelSmile's new game Heart de Roommate has 'movie' scenes between chapters if you are looking for some animated scenes. It's brand new so I am not sure if any of us know more about it then what has been posted around this site in the past.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-18-2004).]

Nope no date on when it’s going to be out but I’m really hoping for next month Would give me enough time to finish roomate and kill off some backlogged dvds and manga.