Snow drop

I don’t have anything important to say here. I’m just posting a msg to keep my registration current.

I got Snow Drop for Xmas, and it looks promising. For example: it’s got a Magical Girl in a maid’s outfit (and she’s a meganeko, to boot), a tsundere, a chijo, a hitozuma, and an imoto; all the basic food groups. I’ve only played it once, so far. But it was fun. I got to see Honami naked. (well, I got to see them all naked, of course.) I think these dating-sim games are the best deal for the money of all the stuff J-List sells. I mean, after you eat all your Pocky, what have you got left?

I also recieved Excel Saga volume 15 for Xmas, which required me to go back and read the other 14 volumes to refresh my memory of the overall story line (I’m a big fan of Excel Saga). It amused me to see that the name “J-List” appears subliminally in the background art of some of the early stories. Surely Rikdou didn’t put those there. Peter must have an inside man at Viz, eh?

Excel Saga has a storyline? When did this happen? I always thought it was little more than an excuse to string random gags together.

last 2 TV episodes have somewhat of one…but then its thrown out for the OVA episode.

Actually, it started having a plot since episode 17.

Heck, if yuou count Pedro, it always had a plot… but more like a running gag plot.

Just want to say that snow drop was a really disapointing game…

Resurrection!

I liked the story of Snow Drop, but none of the characters did anything for me, and the choice tree made no sense at all, just random guesswork, which really turns me off of a game.

i hated the artwork in snow drop. i really felt like they all got hit in the face with a canon ball.

And you can’t have sex with your own sister…
What a shame. :stuck_out_tongue:

She begs you to do it and this lame Minoru doesn’t accept because he “only loves her as a sister”.
Damned, it’s supposed to be an eroge and in eroge, guys don’t care about small details like that :smiley:

After he’s more than willing to nail his girlfriend’s sister. And yes, he SO does so know she’s his girlfriend. He doesn’t admit it, but once he flat out asks Keika if she should be doing this and what Kyoka would think. (I think Kyoka’s her name. Been awhile.) And her response is even more ridiculous. I especially like how he turns Shizuka down for essentially the same reasons he bangs Keika whenever she wants.

For what it’s worth, I really liked it at the time because it was far more technically advanced than anything that had been put out before; I actually loved the art, and it was fully voiced! I’m not sure I’d be nearly as impressed now. While I liked the story at the time, it’s too short and needs fleshing out. The fact it had one was enough to grab me in those days

Yes, I suppose by the time I got around to buying Snow Drop I had been spoiled by some of the more recent titles. I think I got through 2 endings and shelved it. I remember one CG where the girls neck looks like it’s way too long. It was a headshot of the girlfriend. That kind of creeped me out, among other things in the game.

Snow Drop is one of those things: a horse trough is the Fountain of Youth, if you’re in the desert.

It was first released back when all or most games with voice had godawful dubbing. Graphics were by and large Jast USA quality. Better CGs existed, but no game had been translated with them. It was fully voiced, had graphics quite advanced compared to what had come before, and wasn’t completely terrible.

There are the makings of a good story in there. But it’s not fully realized, not at all. Part of the problem is it’s too short; 3 days is not enough, and those 3 days aren’t even very long days. What is there, I liked at the time; I haven’t played the game in years.

If I recall correctly, Snow Drop was the second game I played (True Love being the first). I did find some slight enjoyment in it, but the artwork, shortness of play, and the choice-trees were lacking in quite a few aspects. I did like the opening/closing music though…I think they’re still on my iPod. I’m spoiled now after playing Kana, Crescendo, YMK and others released after SD, so I can’t really compare it to anything.

I liked Snow Drop allot. And I liked Shizuku too, ahhh Shizuku. Then again, I have always liked the supernatural ladies.:slight_smile:

Snow drop is a fine game–even tho there are plenty of better ones. I think it’s biggest sin may be that it’s too short. And there’s much variety from path to path (about all you can do is go skiing), and some of the scenes don’t often make sense for the storyline you’re on. But the girls are cute, and have you noticed that they’re all willing to do Shizuka?