So I finally started playing Ever 17

And I must say, while it is indeed pretty good so far – the typos are all over the place. While it is nice the message history goes back – so far as I can tell – to the very beginning of the game …

Seeing it described as a “massage history” is … a bit much, I think. (I mean, really, Ever 17 isn’t even an h-game.)

Maybe they should have included a massage mini-game.

So yuo raelly cant jsut ingore the spilling erors adn enojy teh game?

C’mon dude, focus on the story and enjoy the characters.

IIRC, one ‘side’ of the game has more typing confusions than the other one does. It was distracting at first but eventually completely ignorable… :slight_smile:

The typos were annoying, but after awhile you start to just read over them and mentally fix them yourself.

Who knows, perhaps there will be a patch out in the future made by fans that fix these problems.

The prologue took a bit long to get going, but other than that it’s pretty kick-ass so far. But the typos are there, and this one was pretty funny.

I AM YOU!

It’s not a typo…her name is You…it’s a pun dude.

It’s not a typo…her name is You…it’s a pun dude. [/QB][/QUOTE]

I know. Was trying to reference something which I liked and wasn’t a typo (to show I was enjoying the game) and apparently was still asleep when I posted that :slight_smile:

I’m also playing Ever17 now and I like it (even if there are no H scenes ).

But What is funny is that there is only one sentence in french and it’s totaly messed up.

In Sora’ path Takeshi says : “comprendez-vous ?”
Comprendez is not a word lol. It should be “Comprenez vous ?”
But even so it’s not the best way to say it. Someone who speak french would say “Vous avez compris ?” or something like that.

Yeah I know, nobody cares about that

Just get past the typos, once you start playing the true ending you’ll see this isn’t your usual graphic novel. On a final note, you are seeing and being seen. That is all I will share as a hint of what is to come.

I know that’s not how it’s said in French, but it is how an American who doesn’t know any French would say it. I couldn’t tell you how many people I’ve heard say that.

[ 01-18-2008, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: OrcAttack ]

The funniest is the reason. “I wanted your name to be original!!!” Okay, dad, I guess I can say you succeeded. ^^;;;;;;;

It’s true that there’s plenty of typos in the game, but as you get into the story, you’ll probably forget to even think about it. I know I sure did. It’s fantastic. =)

On a side note, I feel like I’ve gotten way too used to typing “Yubiseiharukana Tanaka” for my own good… >.>()

I finished the game a few days ago.

I had completed the paths of Tsugumi, Sora and You, and so I started Sara’ path at 22H.
A few minutes after that (in my mind), I had finished the game and I was surprised to see on my clock that it was already 4H am :smiley:

The last path (Coco) is incredible. The plot was far more complex that I had imagined.

At first I thought that ever17 was only a good game, but now I think it’s one of the best games ever made.
I put it in position 2, just after Yume Miru Kusuri :slight_smile:

Futhermore I love the OP and the ED. Those are the two songs I listen the most now (with the OP of Spice and Wolf).

Damned I’d kill to have the other “infinity” (Remember 11: The Age of Infinity for exemple).

I got my copy yesterday, but didnt install it yet. Need first a new HD (i ordered it mine 1 month ago ~.~) because my old one is damaged

Well to play the devil’s advocate, don’t lynch me please, I found I could not continue Ever17 after a few scenes, namely Coco’s introduction hearing her joke for the first time. I keel’d over at the sound of her voice. There was no way I was going to get through everyone’s path, which I assume had some Coco elements to it, and finally the breaker of eardrums herself, Coco. I’m sorry but I don’t think I could have played that game without going deaf.

Although everyone mentions how awesome the story is which kinda makes me guilty. Well I hope this doesn’t deter anyone from playing the game, this is just the nitpickings of a picky bastard.

Absolutely, 100%, your loss on a great story. Though to be honest, Coco isn’t around while playing as ‘The Kid’.(Only briefly.) You could always turn the voices off as well.

I don’t see why you should be lynched just for speaking your opinion, though I do feel your opinion is weak if you never even made it past the opening because of a couple of voice clips.

Yeah, just turn off the voices if you’re playing, unless you really want the Japanese. Coco’s voice didn’t bother me, and you certainly miss some stuff in translation and You’s tone when she’s teasing you is just awesome.

Does anybody have a save with every paths cleared ?
It’s just too boring to check every single choice n the game lol :smiley:

225 path choices boring? Oh come on, where’s your since of repetitive adventure?