So is Hirameki gonna release new stuff?

Hey Lamuness

Leak out some more information and there’s a shiny American Nickel in it for you.

sorry dude, but your greenback is worth shit at the moment compared to the soaring canadian dollar :stuck_out_tongue: (or at least it wasn’t as strong as it was a few years ago)

as for what game it is, all i can say is that it’s an “odd” one in that i was caught by surprise when i heard the title (meaning i never expected this title at all)…and that this game has an animated version (for the tv screen)

i cannot say how good the game is because i never played it myself

Canadian money is still significantly lower compared to the US dollar. 81 US cents at BEST per canadian dollar plus if you take a exchange fee it’s significantly lower.

In the words of someone who pokes fun at Canada alot.

Silly Canadia. It’s old and confused…

okay that’s it, no more leaking from me :stuck_out_tongue:

(i wish it will go down to low-70s and not 80s like right now)

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
let me leak just a tad more :P

....the new game will be on the PC platform *but dont quote me on this one*

i can be wrong, but i *believe* thats what i was told

i wont say what game it is though....over my dead body :P however, u should be able to get access to this information soon enough

Thanks for the info. Any game brought to market is a good thing. Even if it's not something I'm personally interested in.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
as for what game it is, all i can say is that it's an "odd" one in that i was caught by surprise when i heard the title (meaning i never expected this title at all)...and that this game has an animated version (for the tv screen)
TV anime? That counts out Phantom and Canary since they're OVAs.
Looking at the DVDgames they planned to bring over Hirameki is distributing Nitro+, Frontwing/Survive, K-Industry, Actress, Mesa Logic, Custom... but none of them has game which was adopted to tv anime. I dunno who else they're publishing.

i wrote “for tv screen” only to clarify that im not referring to some in-game animation

u said tv anime, i didn’t say that

ova’s are for tv screens too you know…

Ok it’s better to just wait and see anyway.
I wish Hirameki would bring some quality PC games from FrontWing and Nitro+ though.

How about just leaking the expected ESRB rating? I highly doubt Hirameki will release any AO games, but one never knows.

I was reading “Hourglass of Summer” bbs on GameFAQs and noticed some talk about one of the upcoming titles is Aiyori Aoshi. That would be interesting if it was released. Here I will post most of the msg that was on the board below:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: SSJBrain

WOO-HOO! Just got some exciting news! I got a speedy reply from Akiba Otaku yesterday, and this is what it said:

"Dear Brian,

Thank you for you inquiry.
We are currently in the process of updating our hirameki website.
It should be up and ready sometime next month.
Please look forward to our new website.

As for new titles, we are in the process of releasing more.
Once our new website is up, please check back for updates.
One title to look forward to is Aiyori Aoshi.

As for our DVD-magazines, we have temporarily put a stop to them.
Once our decision has been made, we will inform everyone on our website.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused.
We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
AkibaOtaku Sales
support@akibaotaku.com
www.akibaotaku.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.: On a side note what does the term “Erogame” refer to? I know it’s a stupid question but I’m fairly new to Bishoujo games.

quote:
Originally posted by Maize:
P.S.: On a side note what does the term "Erogame" refer to? I know it's a stupid question but I'm fairly new to Bishoujo games.

Heheheheh, you must be reading my reviews [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]...
"Erogame" is merely the Japanese word for b-game.

I always thought “ero-game” to mean adult bishoujo games. Bishoujo games that don’t have any erotic material would not be ero-games.

Ai Yori Aoshi is one of my favorite renai anime. I didn’t even know they were planning to come out with a game, but according to the Japanese site, there were a couple visual novels released in May and June of 2004.

That’s one release I hope is not hentai. I’m always trying to convince people that AYA is not a harem series. The two main characters are in love from almost the beginning. Their feelings remains true and they are able to communicate without misunderstandings. The conflict arises from how they resolve problems with their families. I hope they don’t change the story line for the sake of more H-scenes.

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 06-30-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
I always thought "ero-game" to mean adult bishoujo games. Bishoujo games that don't have any erotic material would not be ero-games.

It's correct, I believe. My problem is that i've always looked only at the adult material (SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX ... oh sorry, I'm straying from the point [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]).

Hahahaha!

Alright, I just bought Hourglass of summer… it looks like it will be pretty good! Can’t say I’m thrilled about the whole password system, but, ah well. Still can’t wait.

That reply I read on that BBS doesn’t mean it’ll be there NEXT release , but I can only hope Ai Yori Aoshi would be there next release. I thought the anime was nice but Aoi was a bit to shy imho. But also note that I think Hirameki that also did “Hourglass of Summer” and 5 other Anime Play titles so far, seems to be a company that releases games that take out the “HENTAI” on the games like they did with Phantom of Inferno. Althought HoS didn’t have any hentai in it to begin with.

@Baldo:
I think so, I don’t really pay attention to who writes the reviews

@perigee:
What’s a “renai anime”?

[This message has been edited by Maize (edited 06-30-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Maize:
That reply I read on that BBS doesn't mean it'll be there NEXT release [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img], but I can only hope Ai Yori Aoshi would be there next release. I thought the anime was nice but Aoi was a bit to shy imho.

As far as I can tell, no one here inferred that AYA would be Hirimeki's next release. Hirameki-Int's site does claim it is scheduled for "Summer 2005".

Aoi was raised with traditional Japanese values. That may make her appear demure in Western eyes. She is however, heir to a vast economic empire and has demonstrated skills as a capable manager. She stands up for the people and things she believes in, even when it means confronting her parents. I find the fact that she's not egotistical and hung up on material things quite refreshing.

quote:
@perigee:
What's a "renai anime"?

It's like a renai game, only an anime. See the Wikipedia definition.

Hmm, a port of a PS2 game… not that this was all that different from most Bishoujo games, I believe. As long as there aren’t any problems with the port. Well, I can’t wait, I looove AYA ^^

Anyone know anything about the other new games they have listed? I know Ever 17 is another PS2 port, so I don’t think any hentai is being taken from that, but was it a PC title originally?

I’d like to support Hirameki as much as possible, but I don’t like buying censored stuff, etc.

I just played the trial version of AYA - Southern Island. It was fun to see and hear the gang again, even though it did have the feel of a filler episode. Character development hadn’t reached the point shown at the end of Enishi. I wonder how long this story can be since it’s being released on CD. Even this very short demo takes almost 100MB. I suppose fans should be grateful for any new AYA since a sequel to Enishi doesn’t appear to be coming any time soon.