So now that I'm done reviewing DOR

Who wants to take a shot at DOR? I figure it is only fair that I pass this love around, because I didn’t pay for it, I shouldn’t lay claim to it, I wrote a review for it, and now I’m letting go of it. I definitely will be asking G-Collections why they decided to include DOR as their debut lineup when I get a chance. Any takers?

Oh and thanks again for DOR Nandemonai. You are a good man. All Bishoujo gamers should aspire to be like you. Maybe. :slight_smile: Ok ok, you twist my arm, yes, look up to Nandemonai.

[This message has been edited by bokmeow (edited 05-28-2003).]

You don’t want it either, huh?

hides

You miss G-collection’s master plan. By releasing a game like DOR. It makes the other three titles they released at the time look SO MUCH BETTER.

Either that or D.O. said they would only allow G-Collections to translate their games if DOR was included…

[This message has been edited by Bigdog (edited 05-29-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
You miss G-collection's master plan. By releasing a game like DOR. It makes the other three titles they released at the time look SO MUCH BETTER.

Either that or D.O. said they would only allow G-Collections to translate their games if DOR was included...

[This message has been edited by Bigdog (edited 05-29-2003).]

See, I would imagine that's a valid argument too, D.O. would only allow G-Collections to translate their games if DOR was included... except the problem is, I found out there was a D.O. Classic collection that has a part first and part last (up and down in Japanese), and the "DOR" we have for the English localization is only have of that collection. I would imagine they'd localize that one since it's more recent and probably has better compatibility, but instead we get only have of that collection. In any case, I'm going to put the question forward to G-Collections.

I didn’t think DOR was all that bad. If anything it reminded me a bit of some Viper games. DOR’s main fault is that it’s way too short and you can’t help but feel shortchanged after finishing everything in like an hour…

The art was generally okay although somewhat primitive-looking compared to GC’s other titles, and the stories were fairly interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by rowena:
I didn't think DOR was all that bad. If anything it reminded me a bit of some Viper games. DOR's main fault is that it's way too short and you can't help but feel shortchanged after finishing everything in like an hour...

The art was generally okay although somewhat primitive-looking compared to GC's other titles, and the stories were fairly interesting.

Despite what I said, I also didn't think it was completely bad, it's just they skimped so much, they had to because of memory limitation. Comparing it to Viper is like Apples to Oranges though, Viper =Animation, there's just no two ways about it. It's just a game that couldn't age well.