So Outlaw Django is officially cancelled now?

People on Reddit are saying that Jast confirmed in their panel Q&A at AX that Django is cancelled because it doesn’t work on Windows 10.  I would just like to get some confirmation one way or the other.  Is this accurate?  What about Sumaga?

That’s a misunderstanding. It’s still in the works.

That’s good to hear.  But what is the story on Windows 10 and Django?  Are you waiting for Nitroplus to update the game’s code to be Win10 compatible?  Has the game started being translated yet?

With Nitroplus titles we put our best translator on their games to be in charge of either the TL or TLC. Work has been done for Django, but other newer titles keep pushing its priority down. I personally would like to see Django out before 2020, so I’ll be talking to our team about that.

Thanks for the status update, Nick.  And while I’m on the subject, Jingai Makyou has a long and storied history regarding its localization status.  I seem to recall hearing that the issue was a lack of modern OS support, but Jingai Makyou had a Windows 10 version released last year.  Has anything changed with respect to that title?  (I mean, it was officially cancelled, so I’m guessing probably not.  But it can’t hurt to ask.)

Edit: I found an old thread that said there were issues with the game other than it’s compatibility problems, so I’m guessing probably nothing has changed there.

Jingai Makyou is in limbo similar to Django. I’ll talk with the team about that title, too.

What are the in progress/in limbo Nitro+ projects you have up then besides for Totono and the Chirul games?

We’re putting together a project status page. It should have all the info there once it is done.

They had announced, and listed on their tumblr (before they stopped updating that) Django and Sumaga.  Jingai Makyou was announced in 2009, then a few years ago Peter denied any such thing had ever happened.  (I’m still not sure what’s up with that, he’s never explained what happened there.)  Sumaga has been stuck at 70% edited for several years now, I believe.

All of these projects seem to have been affected by the Windows 10 issue, or at least, by some issue.

Edit:  Woah, ninja’ed.  Take all of the above with a grain of salt, since there’s an official answer.

When can we expect to see that status page up?

Yes, JAST would benefit from such a page. If MangaGamer can do one, I don’t see why JAST couldn’t.

Still no status page?

Nope.  Still no status page.  On the one hand, it’s good that they’re knuckling down and finishing projects.  On the other hand, it’s still annoying.

Still no status page, but there is a status update on the twit: Majikoi 80% TL.