?soft

Having been interested in ??? ~remind of you~? (because it’s rumoured to have been the most depressing game from 2003) got me interested in ??SOFT’s games, foremost ??? and ?LOST CHILD?. However, reading the comments and reviews in Erogamescape made me hesitate about trying to acquire these titles. Did someone play them? If someone did, what are his opinions about the games?
Thanks~

I’ve played Eien no Owari ni, and I’m interested in ~remind of you~-- planning to try it sometime, actually. Eien no Owari ni isn’t bad; it’s quite unusual in a number of ways and the story is rather good. Production values are very low for the recentness of the title (only 4 characters are voiced) and furthermore the game rips you off a character who should have had a route and everything pointed to her having a route, which made me sort of upset but it’s still pretty good.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the music in Tamasoft games is fantastic.

I was waiting for more reactions but it seems I won’t get any~
Anyway, thanks for your opinion, Lancer. Sounds it could be interesting to get them, then~

Resurrecting this, I was wondering what people thought about the choice between getting the original Sekai no Subete from dlsite or buying -remind of you- + getting it shipped. Second-hand copies of the latter are cheap + everywhere, but that still doesn’t beat the price + convenience of dlsite.

I’m very likely going to get -remind of you- anyway but just wondering what people think. (??? and all - don’t want to grab the inferior version if there isn’t a very good reason. I’d want the best experience from the start)

Some of the changes to -remind of you-:

• The ability to play the game in ‘-remind of you-’ mode which is basically a retelling of the main route, with a different ending and such. The original mode seems to still be available which makes the other routes available again
  • Full voice for everyone except the protagonist (the original only voiced a subset of the female cast I think)
  • New themesong, OP
  • Higher quality soundtrack, higher quality (possibly redrawn?) CGs, tachie etc.

For my part, I like the pleasure of holding a box so I’d rather get the box edition whenever possible~ Even more if you’re going to acquire it anyway.

If there’s a choice between them, generally I prefer to buy the dl version of a title (assuming both are available for an equal price) - shipping costs can often be as much as the price of a cheap home/maniax/hana dlsite eroge. I’m interested in Sekai no Subete as well (I’m not sure if it will be the most depressing eroge of 2003 though - it’s up against some tough competition!), but the upgrades in -remind of you- seem like they’ll add a fair bit to the game, particularly the first one that Lancer-X mentioned.

Eien no Owari ni may eventually get put up for dl, but since second hand copies of it are so cheap (under 1000 yen on the amazon marketplace) in this case I think I’ll go for the hard copy.

Well, yes, but I think olf actually meant 2002 - both Sekai no Subete and -remind of you- were released that year - and that might actually be true. It’s not exactly facing tough competition though; Kusari-hime is the only 2002 utsuge I can think of and it’s not that depressing.

EDIT: Oh ho ho, Love Letter was released in 2002 too. Well, we’ll see!

Ah, missed that. The only other real possibility is probably ???. Seems to be out of print + expensive to track down so I’ll pass unless it goes up for download sales.

Love Letter might be interesting, although I’ve got a feeling the content is what makes it depressing, not the story. It’s available for download on gyut.

Edit: Possibly ??? as well?

Was it 2002? May be~ My memory is starting to betray me, it seems: I was sure the games were released in 2003~
checks
Oh, yeah, 2002 of course. I guess I should have checked but I was so sure of the year~
does his mea culpa

Wasn’t it more a nakigee than an utsugee?

I’m not sure, as I haven’t actually played it myself. I noticed it when I was skimming through EGS (page), but the POVs are more indicative of it being an utsuge.