Software House Chara?

Got a question has anyone ever played any of Software House Chara’s games? I was browsing through them and noticed a few of interest here is their website.

http://shchara.co.jp/index2.htm

They seem to design SLG games. Just curious I like to see if I can get any extra info before I spend my money.
Thanks

Um, what’s SLG? :S

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Um, what's SLG? :S

SimuLationGame.

Typical subclasses:
- Raising SIM (example: Princess Maker)
- Training SIM (example: The Maid's Story)
- Dating SIM (example: Casual Romance Club)

The games look pretty impressive. It’s a pitty that they won’t be translated to english:-(

I’ve plated two demos of two of their gmaes and thye give a pretty good impression . Can’t say if they’re THAT great through. At least not yet but I’ll get around to play one or two of their games someday .

Oh well I guess I’ll just have to take a blind risk and hope their games are worth the money.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
Oh well I guess I'll just have to take a blind risk and hope their games are worth the money. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Well, judging from the demos, I don't think you'll be disappointed at least [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

But which game have you been thinking fo getting? The demos I've played are the demo of "Sutzuku DRAGON" and "Level Justice"...

Um, what’s SLG? :S

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Um, what's SLG? :S

SimuLationGame.

Typical subclasses:
- Raising SIM (example: Princess Maker)
- Training SIM (example: The Maid's Story)
- Dating SIM (example: Casual Romance Club)

The games look pretty impressive. It’s a pitty that they won’t be translated to english:-(

I’ve plated two demos of two of their gmaes and thye give a pretty good impression . Can’t say if they’re THAT great through. At least not yet but I’ll get around to play one or two of their games someday .

Oh well I guess I’ll just have to take a blind risk and hope their games are worth the money.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigdog:
Oh well I guess I'll just have to take a blind risk and hope their games are worth the money. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Well, judging from the demos, I don't think you'll be disappointed at least [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

But which game have you been thinking fo getting? The demos I've played are the demo of "Sutzuku DRAGON" and "Level Justice"...

Well, it took me some time (and a lot of talk with Spectator), but I finally decided to buy “Suzukuri Dragon” and started playing it last weekend.

It sure was fun, even if I failed in both playthroughs so far. But putting myself into a dragon’s shoes was quite a unique experience. Also, plenty of maids keeping my lair tidy helped me enjoying it .

… so if you still have questions about this topic, feel free to ask me!

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 10-19-2004).]

Unicorn - What type of game is this Dragon game you mention? The sites games look to be in Japanese so there is also the issue of playability for the non Japanese reading player. Would like to hear more of your opinions on this game. Thanks.

The story:
You are a dragon and engaged to a dragon-lady of a higher rank. So, you have to prove your own worthyness by building up an impressive lair with a hoard that makes the wealth of your fiancee’s father pale in comparison.

The game itself is a SIM. You use money from your hoard to remodel the lair and for hiring monsters to patrol the paths and fight intruders.
Money is mostly gained by attacking human settlements: You strike fear into the heart of the humans, so they pay a tribute for not being attacked again.
However, if you attack a settlement, there will also be a public uproar that goes for your lair in order to ask for some compensations for their losses during your raid… and that’s where your construction work in the lair as well as your monsters come in.

Thanks it sounds interesting. My favorite type of game are sims. Do you think someone who doesn’t read Japanese would be able to understand it fairly well or would you lose too much info not being able to follow the text.

Haha hey that summary sounds interesting. Too bad I can’t read Kanji. Always wanted to be a dragon

quote:
Originally posted by keller:
Do you think someone who doesn't read Japanese would be able to understand it fairly well or would you lose too much info not being able to follow the text.

Well, you would certainly miss most of the fun in that game (= the story! The player's character's attitude and his problems are sometimes really hilarious. The maids who keep his lair tidy and complain about the mess the previous battles made also add to all of that...) if you can't read japanese.

You probably may be able to finish the SIM-part sucessfully, though, if you find somebody who explains to you how it works or translates for you the manual.

The system itself isn't too complicated, but the controls and stats are also all labelled in japanese...