Some more news

Um…hmm. Viper GTS, arguably the most well-known game in the Viper franchise, has gotten itself animated as an OVA. Hmm. My first reaction is…well, hmm. I don’t really have one. How do you like that?

First impressions. I don’t like Carrera’s design. She’s too elfy looking and not enough Demonically sexy like she is in the games. If it’s ever released over here, I’d probably pick it up, just to see what type of story it is.

And for a further update, the Gibo OVAs have been licensed by CPM and are slated for a March 11, 2003 release date. Shoppers may be cheered to know that both OVAs have been combined on one single DVD (titled “Stepmother’s Sin”), saving them the cost of splurging money on individual releases, as Nutech seems to favor.

THat the Gibo OVA will be released here could bode well for PP, since they will
sell the game behind the anime .

Does Glo-ri-a count?

hahha I was about to mention Gloria… Don’t forget Bible Black, Night Shift Nurses, Love hina, Kanon etc. They all have hentai game versions.

quote:
Originally posted by Absurdist:
Don't forget Bible Black, Night Shift Nurses, Love hina, Kanon etc. They all have hentai game versions.

Hmm, but those games weren't released in English were they? I want to say "Graduation" except the english "Graduation" is actually the second Graduation game and I think all the related OVA's were based off the first one. (And I think I just really confused myself with that sentence.)

You’re right about the OVAs being based off the first one. Kinda disappointing since I had no idea who the girls were.

Still fun to watch though. :slight_smile:

[This message has been edited by Smithy (edited 12-14-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Kagami:
Is this the first time among PC bishoujo games that both a game and its OVA will have English versions released?

A little while back, I went looking trying to match up currently released English version OVAs (it's a real pain the way they change the titles on so many of them) with released English version games and came up empty.

Well, I don't know myself, since I don't keep an eye on the adult anime industry [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. However, if this is the first, it might be a very good thing, because that now people'll know that there are games behind the animes that they watch. Of course, not everyone will know this, but a number of people'll eventually learn about it anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey:
And for a further update, the Gibo OVAs have been licensed by CPM and are slated for a March 11, 2003 release date. Shoppers may be cheered to know that both OVAs have been combined on one single DVD (titled "Stepmother's Sin"), saving them the cost of splurging money on individual releases, as Nutech seems to favor.

Where did you hear of this, BTW? It's true that CPM has it listened on their site, but there's no info nor a cover pic there yet...

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Where did you hear of this, BTW? It's true that CPM has it listened on their site, but there's no info nor a cover pic there yet...

Animenation has it listed in Thursday's (12/12) news. Anime on DVD also has the release date listed under its English title, though they haven't gotten around to reviewing it yet (I doubt they've even gotten a pre-release disc yet).

Don’t forget Dragon Knight. Game version was called Knight of Xantar I believe.

quote:
Originally posted by hotsuma:
Don't forget Dragon Knight. Game version was called Knight of Xantar I believe.

The Dragon Knight OVAs were based on the games Dragon Knight I and II. Knights of Xantar was the English version of Dragon Knight III. So, technically, no, they don't match up.

I think we’re starting to show how geeky we truely are from this conversation. I can think of various OVA titles based on games but almost every single one of those games has never been translated into English.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
I think we're starting to show how geeky we truely are from this conversation. I can think of various OVA titles based on games but almost every single one of those games has never been translated into English.

And that's a sad fact.

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
And that's a sad fact.

Which is? The fact that we're geeks or the fact that most of those games havn't been translated yet? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Which is? The fact that we're geeks or the fact that most of those games havn't been translated yet? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

The later, of course [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. I've never worried about the fact that some people would see me as a geek [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. But I've mourned the fact that there'so much that hasn't, and probably never will, reach the english market. Gibo will however, be a refreshing exceptation from the "general rule" that "only the anime, not the game will get here". Hmm, I wonder if some sites (like PP) will make something of a special deal in the future - sell the Gibo anime AND the game together for a lower price or something like that. I'd not be surpised if that happened, at least.