Some Questions About Soul Link

Hi, I’m new to this board, and I have the odd feeling that because I’m new that most will ignore this post, but I might as well ask anyway. I have a few questions about the H-game ‘Soul Link’ released by Navel back in December.

First, how would one go about getting this game if I live in the US? I’ve checked Amazon.jp and it seems that they don’t ship overseas.

Second, I honestly can’t find any pictures for this game on the net, besides those found at project-navel.com and its surrounding sites (which isn’t very much). Does anyone know where I can find a good collection of screencaps from this game? Perhaps even the complete collection?

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

Why would we ignore your post because you’re new…?

Welcome to the board. You can find this game at Himeya. Here’s the link: http://shop.himeya.com/

They don’t have any screenshots, but at least the site is in English (well Engrish really, but close enough…). Note that you’ll have to browse to the game manually by going to the Navel section. Doing a search on the game gives you the game’s page, but curiously not a link to buy it.

Thanks for being nice Dark. It’s just been part of my experiences with message boards that veteran members tend to ignore the n00bs. ^^

So…this game costs $83? That’s a hell of a lot of money for a game. I guess I should start saving up.

I’m still interested in knowing where I can find some more screencaps if possible. Navigating through Japanese sites when you don’t know much Japanese is very frustrating. I’d be very thankful if someone here could help me out.

Thanks again for the link Dark. ^^

I have not seen any HCG for this game on the net. Sorry about that. I own this game but I haven’t had the chance to play much of it yet. You should send an e-mail to Computermania. He has this game and most, if not all of the CGs. I’m sure he will be willing to send you some samples of CGs that are not found on the net.

Have you downloaded demo movie (150Mb)?
http://project-navel.com/navel/service/downloads/movie.html
Not my business, but getting ‘complete CG collection’ is bordering on piracy, no?

Alright, thanks for the tip bishounen_blue, I’ll give Computermania an email then. I still find it odd that there is nothing on the net for this game¬Ö

"Not my business, but getting ‘complete CG collection’ is bordering on piracy, no?"

Hmmm¬ÖI never really thought of that, but I don’t think I’d consider it piracy, because of the fact that you’re not actually playing the game. Looking at screencaps is only a part of the experience when playing H-games. I still plan to get the game when I get enough money and time to do so, but until then I’d like to see some more of the CG, considering how well made it is. Ever since ¬ëShuffle!’, Navel has been one of my favorite developers. :slight_smile:

@XxAlpha2OmegaxX

You might want to try the website below if you want to browse Japanese webpages. It translates the individual Kanji, Hiragana and Katagana into English simply by moving the mouse cursor over the symbol in question. Some knowledge of Japanese is still necessary to translate complex passages but it is more than sufficient if you are trying to find the link to Character descriptions or sample CGs on a Japanese game site. This site seems to work much better than anything else I’ve seen.

www.popjisyo.com/WebHint/Portal_e.aspx

Darkfriend

That might come in handy for learning Japanese at some point…thanks for the link, darkfriend.

That translator will definitely come in handy, thanks darkfriend. :slight_smile:

I just found a site with some awesome Soul Link wallpapers if you’re interested:

http://www.boyis.com/html/classify.php?sort=1&page_now=36

It starts at the bottom of that pages and then goes on for a few more after that.

[This message has been edited by XxAlpha2OmegaxX (edited 03-14-2005).]

[This message has been edited by XxAlpha2OmegaxX (edited 03-14-2005).]

I’m currently in my 2nd year of Japanese and the translation page is invaluable. Just by learning a few basic things about their grammar allows for a pretty good understanding many of the sites with the help of that translation page.

quote:
Originally posted by XxAlpha2OmegaxX:
Thanks for being nice Dark. It's just been part of my experiences with message boards that veteran members tend to ignore the n00bs. ^_^

So...this game costs $83? That's a hell of a lot of money for a game. I guess I should start saving up.

I'm still interested in knowing where I can find some more screencaps if possible. Navigating through Japanese sites when you don't know much Japanese is very frustrating. I'd be very thankful if someone here could help me out.

Thanks again for the link Dark. ^_^

Hate to break it to ya but that's about normal for a bishoujo game in japan. Just be thankful your not spending $100+ for the LE that I did [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Hate to break it to ya but that’s about normal for a bishoujo game in japan. Just be thankful your not spending $100+ for the LE that I did

That’s commitment, I must say. :slight_smile:

So, if you own this game…how is it? I’ve played the demo and it seems awesome (although a tad bit difficult due to all the random ways to get a “bad” ending).

Well it’s not really random per say. The part that looks random is during the map segements where you visit various parts of the station, but in actuality depending on where you go first it affect where the women will be later. I thought it was totally random until I started charting what each choice does to the others.

The game is very hard, especially if you can’t read japanese But the CGs are beatiful and the girls all look cute so I’m willing to overlook the downside of me not understanding a word they are saying

Wow, that was an impressive opening.

Does Oh Texthooker work with this game by any chance?

I believe wanfuk2k1 said no, it doesn’t.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 03-16-2005).]

Nope couldn’t get text hooker to work correctly with the game. It kinda grabbed some stuff but it was the menu items and not the actually text. Course it could be I’m an Idiot and don’t know how to work text hooker correctly