Song of Saya crashing in Windows Vista

Hello I just installed Song Saya in Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32 bit and it keeps on crashing when opening it. Have any ideas on how I can get it working?

Have you checked the usual suspects? (antivirus is not interfering, DX9.0c is installed, run as admin in case permissions are needed)

This is basically the equivalent of “Have you tried restarting the computer?”, but in some cases running some older visual novels in full-screened mode causes crashes that don’t happen if you keep it in the smaller “windowed” mode. Are you noticing that it just crashes when full-screen, or just with windowed?

Also, at what point does the crash typically happen? The more details you can give JAST or the forum, the more likely you are to get good advice…

I got it working. I Forgot to mention that I installed it in a virtual machine. Apparently it just didn’t like VMware. so I switched to using parallels and it worked.

I Forgot to mention that I installed it in a virtual machine.

That’s a huge qualifier. Choice of VM is often as important or moreso as choice of OS. Gin no Toki no Corona supports Windows XP, but doesn’t work in a VMWare XP VM. I had to use a Win7 VM.