Starless and Euphoria

I recently Placed my preorder for Starless and i also imported a copy of Euphoria I already know both Vns are very hardcore and are not for the squeamish. I was wondering of those who played both which is more disturbing? and what exactly should expect?

BTW i am squeamish and these are my first hardcore VNs. I manly order them as Challenge and because I have a lot of respect for the art.

What is your benchmark as the "most hardcore" vn (or i guess material seen? <- manga/anime) that you've played so far? If we can use that as a measuring stick...

Probably the most hardcore material i have seen would have to be the hentai Princess 69 lets just says i was only able to watch one episode and a half before turning it off. As for VNs i wouldn't say hardcore but the darkest would have to be cross channel,School days, song of saya.

Both are very hardcore but in different ways. I'll try not to spoil to much if I can.

Euphoria I haven't played but am aware that the overall premises of the story. Sex is very hardcore due to the story and premise. In some ways it is more extreme then Starless with some gruesome explicit death and the sex in some parts being erotic asphyxiation, scat and other weird fetish play. The story works the sex into the plot and is more thought provoking if you can get around this.

Starless is being cut for its initial release so you are missing the hardest hardcore elements like bestiality,scat and a small scene where the MC gets his dick chopped off for stealing a car.

The game involves a lot of training from a perverted female dominatrix who is the head of the house you are working and with that the rest of the family is too.

The game gets more extreme as you progress but overall I'd say Euphoria is more extreme overall but Starless has its moments even with some of the more extreme stuff cut.

What part turned you off Princess 69?

Princess 69 was the first hentai i ever watched I wasn’t really ready for all the scenes of rape i did eventually finish watching it though it did take a lot of will power . i also watched Princess 69 : Midnight Gymnastics which i ended up liking.
and thank you for the reply.

For Euphoria, how much Scat is involved or pee scenes? (I can usually ignore pee like in Starless but jeez scat I can’t:( )I would love a estimate if possible as that is the ONLY thing from stopping me from getting the game.

If I recall correctly, there's a filter built into Euphoria that allows you to disable the graphics for scat.

Flails around yyyessss!!!I hope that’s true! I want a release date for said game now XDThank you!

Kinda off topic but if you're squimish why on earth would you pick these two titles to challenge yourself? good grief, thats like saying you want to learn how to swim by being dropped in the middle of the pacific ocean while wearing weights....

Don't let bright colors and art fool you, things get pretty dark in games. There are easier titles to ease into...

"The options [in Euphoria] are actually standard and typical in Clock-Up's engine. It's one of the features common to their games since they do tend to cover a lot of content. Eroge! will include such options in its release as well.

Basically, the system menu has options for set the display of certain content CGs to on/off. So if you don't want to see the scat CGs, you can set that menu option to "off" and the CGs will not be displayed until you change that option. Instead it usually displays the previous CG or a similar one without said content visually depicted. Eroge! has such options for Scat, Ahegao, cross-section cut-ins, and a few others. Euphoria includes an additional one for "guro", so that if you turn it off, certain violent CG will be omitted and replaced with a nondescript red screen and maybe some blood splatter effects. (One example of the CG omitted by this option is the CG of the protagonist punching one of the heroines in the face, which is in my previous post.) However, none of the text is altered by these menu options. The options only change what CG are shown.

Clock Up built their engine this way because they do cover a wide range of content with their games, and they do understand that not everyone wishes to see certain visual depictions when playing their games, especially when Clock-Up covers a broad range of lighter games to very dark games such as Euphoria. So those who don't want to see some of the more extreme moments in Euphoria can disable them via the option menu before starting the game (and change them mid-game as well)."

Source

That's a quote by Mangagamer's head translator Kouryuu.

from what i’ve played you cant really compare those titles with eachother, as the overall thematic is totally different.
in starless you have to deal with some snobs gone wild & facing the harsh reality that money & influence does enable you literally ignoring morals, etics etc.
euphoria is more focused on its plot itself, the sadistic mc & lots of crazy mindfuck going on while playing the game
way more worse in terms of psychological disturbance is clockups newer title fraternite, which lets you experience absolute madness, despair & moral degeneration of all the characters, yourself included. every ending seems in its own way like a bad or very very bad end, so nothing to feel relieved after achieving it.
same goes especially for nearly all the h-scenes, as i cant imagine anyone fapping to the dark atmosphere during the acts.
& regarding Shintaisou (Kari) Yousei-tachi no Rondo…hmm i somehow liked its hentai adaption (only the electro shock sequences irritated me abit, looked like them girls beeing killed whilest raped. second season was a big letdown & way more handsome compared to its predessor, also disliked the animation & hollow characters. But the Vn’s of this series have been quite cool, though they’re not the youngest anymore.

@XReaper well thanks now I really want to see the other game of theirs more than anything, I wonder if I can import it for download it and get an English patch or something for Fraternite.Thanks man

somehow I doubt one group will start fanlating it,since mg teamed up with clockup, but if euphoria is going to kick some ass, in terms of sales, then anything might be possible. same goes for starless & JAST¥s empress deal as well.
Gambaro!

I am squeamish as hell in regards to extreme content; I don’t like it. I especially don’t like works that depict abusive behavior where the narrative (and by extension the author) doesn’t seem to notice that what’s been written might be objectionable. I could not get past the first few episodes of Haruhi for this reason; the thing she does to get the computer is beyond what I can stomach. I’ve seen worse (hell, I’ve even done worse in games like Mass Effect), but the way the show handled it soured the whole thing beyond what I can get past.

So I have no interest in Starless whatsoever. I wouldn’t play it if you paid me. At the same time, Euphoria sounds quite interesting, because it is supposed to directly address in the plot all the screwed-up stuff that happens, and why, and what it means.

Warning, look at this thread before posting further. Your private information is in jeopardy.

I thinking to excited for Euphoria… Wish they were making a physical release.

as i already mentioned above, you cannot really compare those 2 vn’s to eachother, because they address completely different issues.
also the fact that every human has somehow different moral values, makes comparing both in public abit difficult.

"I thinking to excited for Euphoria... Wish they were making a physical release."

It's extremely doubtful that'll ever happen, for the same reason JAST didn't ship a physical version of Starless uncensored. Especially considering there's a high probability that the eroge a Canadian man was detained and charged for importing into Canada... was actually Euphoria.

@Dark_Shiki Ya sadly I figured, it just really sucks, I would love to actually display this in my collection If there was a limited edition with it. I love more “abnormal” type of things XDReally blowsfor that Canadain bloke tho :frowning: Definitly not right.

Apparently i could end up with a penile fracture from playing these games ...