Starless jazz jam (and VN music in general)

Just saying, I love the music on the English “Starless” trailer. Them trumpets! Them bells! Them female vocalists singing beautiful non-words in the style of a 70s euro-band! It’s really good stuff. The quieter music playing while the artbook is shown is kind of quirky but also nice. Is all the music in “Starless” done in that jazzy style?

While I’m writing, if anyone at JAST HQ cares, I would love to see soundtrack CDs included as bonus items in these limited-edition sets someday. The company seems fairly committed to continuing the pattern of releasing a limited-edition physical version for most of their bigger-name titles, then the standard edition once those sell out. (I think this is both good for fans and a nice anti-piracy incentive.) Artbooks and artboxes are both awesome, but I dig the music most of all – gives you a tangible connection to one’s memories of the game, you know? Mangagamer has released partial OSTs as bonuses for a few limited-edition titles, but not all. Of course, there may be licensing issues that make the process more difficult than I’m making it out to be…

Anyway, since this is technically a discussion thread, let me focus my ramblings into one factual question and one discussion-starter:

1. Anyone know the name of the song in the “Starless” trailer?
  2. What would top your wish-list of visual novel OST releases? (As a bonus item or otherwise?)

I really love the music from Starless a really great soundtrack showing Empress have high quality production in mind when crafting their works.
All of it matches the tone to the scenes when used too, which adds depth to what some people would call just a inane perverted fetish nukige.
This match in tone with scene and quality sound production represents the many elements underplayed in most developers designing erotic art visual games. The music does vary through out the game, all with a unique tone to match the situation used in the game and used well towards creating a unique atmosphere and presence within the game.

The song in the trailer is named “Fallen Angel” The music is composed by drops tone. The song at the end is called “Starless”
I love all the music but my favorites when you play the game are “Inquisition” and “Cogito Ergo Sum”.
The game does have a sound room to listen back to tracks, but no repeat option.
I would welcome a CD containing the 16 songs used in the game, also since (not to my knowledge) a official OST was never released.

Also I noticed on the 50+ page art book preview, images are copied from the Starless Illustration art work book.
I’m hoping they translate the Sei interview from it which would make it very good for fans, or a possible new interview with Sei or DEN, or a behind the scene look into the development and opinions from Empress team about the localisation and what to expect from them in future works.

While I don’t think it’s a anti-piracy intensive since pirates are gonna pirate (they want it for free), fans of Empress/Sei would deeply appreciate this and make it a more unique collectors edition to own.

Hmmm, I haven’t been too interested in this particular game up til now, but if the music is all that good, I might consider buying it. I’m a great fan of anime music in general, you know; I have a lot of old VHS tapes that I might have thrown out long ago (like Sonic) if it weren’t for one or two songs that I like. Same goes for my h-games. In some cases I’ve been able to extract the music files from games (like Kana, Yume and Bible Black) and listen to them while I’m writing or doing something else on the computer, but it doesn’t work for them all. I would really like to extract the music from Crescendo, but no dice.

Well, to each his own. Just be aware there’s a lot of extreme content in this game (the likes of which I’m not terribly interested in myself).