Steins;Gate Official Discussion Thread

According to Facebook the initial limited edition print run was for 6000 copies. As of the 10th they had less then 400 remaining.
I think it’s safe to say the word is getting out. By next week they may even be sold out.

Yes which is exciting. I’m glad I bought the game from JAST. I was looking to see if nitroplus’s cosplay patch from their website would work with the JAST version of the disk going to add the cosplay patch anytime soon and I came across something upsetting which I think JAST needs to take action on. A site called fuwanovel is spreading illegal copies of all of jast’s games including Jast’s release of steins;gate. Someone please tell the ISP provider for that site to take ban the page. This is an insult.

So why does Mr. Braun’s shirt say “Jack Hummer” on the right sleeve? (His left). I also noticed a very nice closeup of a “Dr. People” bottle.

Some of the images are very well done, some of them have what looks to be machine-translated English, and some are a mix. Did you guys retouch any of the images?

So I just finished chapter 7. Dammit, now I want to play Chaos:Head. And Robotics:Notes.

Anybody seen the anime of either of those two? I’ve seen bits and pieces of parts of Steins;Gate (it was showing at an anime club I went to for awhile) so I know that series is good. But I never heard good stuff about Chaos:Head, and I also hear Robotics:Notes is sort of hit-and-miss.

I’ve seen the anime for Chaos;Head. It was okay but it didn’t feel like a masterpiece. It had some interesting plot twists, but the development and ending didn’t feel very strong. May be part of the reason I didn’t watch the anime of the other 2. I would like to play the Visual Novel for Chaos;Head though, to see the full story. Especially after playing Steins;Gate and seeing how good this series really is.

Yeah, the Chaos;Head VN is much better than the anime. It wasn’t a good idea to adapt it in the first place, cause much of the atmosphere is near impossible to translate into a non-interactive medium, and the way the anime eventually went off-script didn’t help either.

I can see Steins;Gate making the conversion to anime a lot more easily.

So the only endings I haven’t got yet are Mayuri’s end and the True end. I managed to unlock Chris, Suzuha, Lukako, and Faris’ endings on my first try, but I think I missed Mayuri’s. (They didn’t seem too hard, just save whenever you have the opportunity to choose your response and avoid the responses where Okabe acts like an asshole.)

I’m not sure which is more messed up, Lukako’s ending, or Suzuha’s.

steins gate 2 is a novel and takes place 6 years after the game http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 … ame/.75771

Just finished getting the last two endings. The true ending is as ridiculous as I was expecting (it was awesome).

I see the “best version” (or something) just got released; I guess that means they finally ran out of limited editions? Any chance of working with MangaGamer or Sekai Project to get Steins;Gate on Steam? I think it’d do well on Steam; hopefully well enough to get the other games translated.

PS3 and Vita versions announced for English release: http://www.siliconera.com/2014/12/16/st … a-english/

It’s not quite as good as Steam, but this is still great news.

Hi, JAST USA has moved to a new forum system, which much much more modern and easy to use. We’ll eventually close these old forums after some months. I’ve started a new thread at the new forums, at

https://connect.jastusa.com/discussions … 5000025191

Thanks, and hope to continue the discussion over there!