Step right up....Gibo Q&A

Well, I have gotten permission from Peter to answer some general questions about Gibo, should anyone have some…I am actively beta-testing this title now, but I won’t answer any questions about a release date, so don’t ask

but if you have any general questions about the game you just can’t wait to know, ask away and I will answer as best I can

Ah-ha! I guessed you were doing testing on it. I’m so easily amused aren’t I?

General questions? Er, the only question I have off-hand depends on whether you saw the related anime or not. Hmm, okay how about this: How well done is the story? Is it a story-focused game?

See? Being a girl has the advantage of getting a job :stuck_out_tongue:

My first question: Did you fix the config screen yet? :stuck_out_tongue: coz it’s still the “other” screen from that “other” game when I last looked at the beta build in december

and LP, if you have any tech-related questions on it, email me. I am pretty much the main Will support guy; I know more on how to solve issues than say, Peter (before we have to resolve to bugging Japanese staff, that is)

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 01-20-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Ah-ha! I guessed you were doing testing on it. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img] I'm so easily amused aren't I?

General questions? Er, the only question I have off-hand depends on whether you saw the related anime or not. Hmm, okay how about this: How well done is the story? Is it a story-focused game?

Hmm..the anime was pretty dark from what I remember. I hoope the game isn't as dark or at least there's paths that aren't as dark.

QUESTION…(Noirbo raised his hand)

…(cough)… What’s the release date for Gibo???

~___~…(After being hit by many rocks for being an idiot) … (cough) Here comes my real questions…

How many endings does this game have ??? Do you find the story to be interesting and unpredictable ???

One Simple Question.

Does the game have unneeded non-concensual sex?

[This message has been edited by ksarchet (edited 01-20-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by ksarchet:
Does the game have unneeded non-concensual sex?

Plenty.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
Plenty.

So noted. Thanks, I'll be sure to add this one to my "pretend does not exist" list.

QUESTION… (o_o)/
(Peter Gilis raised his hand)

…What’s the release dat… oh forget it! This joke is not fun anymore… (-.-)

… does Gibo have any good or happy ending or is a dark-themed, insult/domination game like the anime version?

first off, thanks for the offer of help, Lamuness…I’m doing pretty well so far on my own, figuring out technical doo-hickies, but if I run into anything big I can’t solve, you’ll be the one I ask…and yes, the settings screen is fixed

the other questions seem to be pretty story-related, so I’ll lump them together into one explanation

This game is DARK…very dark…but the story is pretty interesting in a psychological type of way…at times it is VERY shocking…the reactions of the various characters to the situations unfolding around them follow a very fascinating psychological spiral

there is some unconsentual sex, which is actually dealt with severely…there are endings in this game where you are killed…most of the sex in this game is actually consentual, in a bizarre consent-through-manipulation-and-twisted-mind-games kind of way

There are approximately 13 endings to this game, and most of them are bizarre…it is difficult to classify them as good or bad because of the psychological complexity; it’s best left to your own interpretation, but the interpreting can be really interesting

questions? comments?

Hmm, no, you sort of confirmed my guess about the storyline. I thought the related anime had a strong psychological aspect and I was hoping for something similar in the game. And as silly as it sounds, I’m happy to hear that there are endings where you die. Should be interesting, although given it subject matter, I don’t know how much replaying I’ll do with it. Thanks Ladyphoenix-sama for the information!

Questions: None… You have pretty much answered the questions I have for the game. I appreciate it.

Comments: Hmm… I assumed Gibo is a pretty dark game. Even though I personally prefer light-hearted games, Gibo sounded very interesting. I can’t wait to play it. :slight_smile:

and of course, you know you all have to buy this game if for no other reason than it is my game editing debut!!!

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
and of course, you know you all have to buy this game if for no other reason than it is my game editing debut!!!

Mochiron desu!
But first, it has to be released, right? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
This game is DARK....very dark....but the story is pretty interesting in a psychological type of way....at times it is VERY shocking...the reactions of the various characters to the situations unfolding around them follow a very fascinating psychological spiral

There are approximately 13 endings to this game, and most of them are bizarre....it is difficult to classify them as good or bad because of the psychological complexity; it's best left to your own interpretation, but the interpreting can be really interesting

Yep, this one goes on my must buy list! Thanks for the preview! :-D

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
So noted. Thanks, I'll be sure to add this one to my "pretend does not exist" list.

Hey, hey,. we all knew that Gibo were going to be pretty dark, so why act surpised? But LadyPhenix do express herself kinda... vauge, about exactly how dark it will be, so no need to decide if yous hould ignore it nor not yet, I think.

very dark…stuff that I personally wouldn’t do in real life…dunno about spec though :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course, it’s no where near as dark as the Rasen Kairou series, which are a personal fav of mine.

It’s published by Will (developed by the now famous Age) so it’s possible that it’ll be translated sometime in the future…but I’m not counting on it :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s also Cross Channel…but that’s also iffy.

quote:
Originally posted by Ex-S Woo:
Of course, it's no where near as dark as the Rasen Kairou series, which are a personal fav of mine.

Rasen Kairou... I'll get those one sooner or later [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]. Not this month, through.

hmmmm,i thought that saying this game is dark…VERY dark pretty much said it all