Su-cool

The subject entered a discussion I recently had and, for the best of me, I was able to name neither a game, nor a character so I’m asking here~
Who knows a game with a girl “clearly” defined as a su-cool girl by its fans? In other words, is there any game with a su-cool character? As it happens, I’d also be interested in game names with a “clearly” defined kuudere rather than tsundere… Any suggestion?

I have never heard of su-cool. I can help with kuudere though

New subclass of dere. It’s “netspeak” for sunao (honest) & cool… pretty much defines the kind it is.

One of many new things that 2chan has come up with. :o

Basically a kuudere, but she’s honest with herself and states her feelings out loud without being embarrassed/hesitating/confused. More or less, a kuudere who isn’t afraid to let her feelings be known and tells you, but still has that emotionless aura and expressionless expression. If she didn’t tell you how she felt, you’d probably think she didn’t think much about you… but she really does care… a LOT:stuck_out_tongue:

For example if Rei from NGE, told Shinji that she liked and fell in love with him the moment after he risked himself to open her capsule, just after he save her - but still have that detached and quiet kind of way of expressing things - she’d be a su-cool. However because Rei was “confused” and didn’t know why her heart beat fast when she was alone with Shinji, that only makes her a kuudere. Su-cool has to be aware… also the main trick is the su-cool can’t suddenly become lovey-dovey after finding love: they’re still stoic – so that would rule out characters like Rhythmy from TokiMemo4 and Abiru from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (who show emotion when in love).

At least… that’s how I understand a su-cool is supposed to be.

Amy from Soul Calibur (she loves Raphael) would qualify as a su-cool girl… well… ignoring her ending from SC4…

Pretty much. hatena also describes it.

Mmmmhhhhhh, it mentions ??? from CROSS†CHANNEL but my memory is way too fuzzy for me to see. I should replay it, I guess.

lol… Seven of Nine. Would have never thought of her.

Resistance is Futile. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seven/Janeway forever

Yeah, I’d agree with that, definite su-cool. Now I get what the term means.

Okay, su-cool, hmmmmmm… Miyako from Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai? She’s not really all that ‘cool’ but I think she’d be close enough to apply.

EDIT: No wait, I got a much better one. Sayaka from Saihate no Ima (in the ‘present’ scenes, anyway). Ima is also su-cool, but it’s up to you whether to count her as a heroine or not.

Correction.

Seven/Janeway/Borg Queen forever. :wink:

Now I’m confused…

I tought Rei, Yuki Nagato, … were “dandere”.
For me a dandere is one of those emotionless characters who doesn’t speak.

A typical kuudere would rather be Saber.

Seems I’m not the only one to think that : http://brigade.baka-wolf.com/anime/9203 … ndere.html
There is a list of characters with their “dere” type.

Those characters aren’t sunaocool. Where’s the confusion?

That doesn’t make much sense though… Rei Ayanami is the prototypical Kuudere. She defines the dere category, and so the entire definition of what kuudere means would have to be fundamentally changed from the ground up.

It would be like saying Yuno Gasai isn’t a yandere, because she doesn’t kill Yuki when he rejects her and tries to find new friends (which some people have argued from time to time).

Also a dandere doesn’t talk much to the person she loves either. She just stands by silently and watches. Rei is a talkative girl to Gendo - there’s a lot of moments where they show them talking a lot, and Shinj is kinda jealous of it. The reason why she doesn’t talk a lot to Shinji, is partly because Shinji isn’t a talkative guy to begin with… especially around pretty girls.

One thing that I always challenged about dandere: where do girls like Suzuho of Macademi Wasshoi and Kukuri Tachibana from 11eyes fit in?

So basicaly a Sucool would be a cooldere who is honest with her feelings?

Let me see. Shinra Kuonji from Minatosoft’s KIMIARU would be an example of sucool, wouldn’t? Another i think would be Tobari from 13cm’s KANOJO-TACHI NO RYUUGI.

There’s that nekomimi-imouto (i forgot her name) from Alicesoft’s YOKUBARI SABOTEN, too. And Poemu, the gothloli from Candysoft’s NEE,CHANTO SHIYO YO! 2.

If i remember weel, all these are not afraid to show to the protagonist how much they like him, since the beggining. :roll:

Would agree with this (I’ve just started playing Kanojotachi no Ryuugi. Surprisingly good!) Although I would question how honest she really is.

I started Kannogi for the vampires and Tobari, and stayed because I ended up liking her sister and her ending more. (Forgot her name, it’s been too long.)

I wonder… is there true love in the kuudere archetype? I’ve always seen Ayanami Rei, Yuki Nagato, the sister from Sola etc as unattainables. Cracking that shell and getting to the warm sweet center would certainly be a greater reward than any Tsundere kouryaku. Would Nagomi from Tsuyokiss be a Kuudere? Or would she be more along the lines of cool elegant beauty? Or maybe she’s just another variety of tsundere. Either way I loved how she warms up if you go down her route, it was really rewarding and made her one of the more memorable characters of the series… that and the fact that her stockings/pantyhose were one of her #1 charm points.

Rei and Yuki are “won” though. :o

Rei admitted that she wanted “to be one” with Shinji… and then she died. However even Rei 2.0 remembered that she liked Shinji. It was her increased awareness of what she was, that made her detached. Also Shinji was frightened of Rei 2.0 (because he saw the other die). So Rei 2.0 worked in the shadows, to ensure Shinji would perform Third Impact. Basically she let him be God… which is clearly a sign of loyalty and/or affection.

As for Yuki… she obeys Kyon above anything else. She has even ignored/subverted orders from the Data Overmind and Haruhi, if she believes it will be against Kyon’s well being. She has also expressed that as an individual - not a fragment of the Overmind - that she has an interest in Kyon. Also in the movie… when her emotions are not sealed, she immediately expresses her love for Kyon. Also if Kyon says something about Yuki is pleasing him (her lack of glasses for example), Yuki will follow on that to make him see her as more pleasing.