Temper, temper

i understand that alot of people have lost their temper and patience and become a bit more agressive recently due to the vmate issue, and things appear to lean towards the offensive side in the posts between other bbs users, not just towards gc themselves (with insults, personal attacks etc). honestly, i would have closed/locked down all vmate threads days ago, but for the sake of gc reading your comments on this matter, and for the sake of the people who still post in a relatively more civilized/rational manner, i chose to let it go.

however, i figure i should take this opportunity to ask you guys to try not to lose your temper and refrain from writing insults. personally i dont give a damn about this vmate thing (since i dont work for gc), but i do give a damn about the well-being/atmosphere of the bbs.

in particular, benoit, please try to hold your temper and not be so dictative in your posts. in recent weeks or months i have noticed some sort of over-agressiveness in your posts (not just about vmate, but almost everywhere else in this and other forums too). please try to control yourself because people did complain about your posts earlier, no? (remember your off-topic thread long ago)

and italicus, i understand your situation with your dsl contract and your frustration over the vmate system. i dont have too much of a problem with you telling people to boycott gc although you may have over-reacted a bit. i really should have addressed this sooner but please hold your personal attacks against gc (ya, i am talking about the “die” thing). now that you appeared to have calmed down abit (although still upset, which i am okay with) i guess it’s less of a concern at this time, but just felt the need to address this nevertheless. well…to be honest i am just too lazy to search through every “die” word on that thread and filter it :stuck_out_tongue:

anyhow, nothing serious, but just a reminder for you kids to try to behave yourselves and not be too agressive in your posts. now run along, be good and dont pee on the grass :stuck_out_tongue:

Aww… But peeing on the grass is my hobby… It also marks my territory.

------------------
精神 の 神

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s been concerned.

A certain over-aggressiveness? In my posts? I didn’t notice anything. And I specifically asked people to please tell me if they found a problem with my posts.

As for the dictating attitude, I can see that in some of my recent posts, but not weeks and months. And yes, I did make one thread I admit was a bit too far (and someone did complain), though I didn’t understand why at the time.

I would appreciate it if stuff like this would get mentioned sooner and that we could get a bit more specific. I don’t know how people react to my posts if they don’t tell me. I sometimes don’t know how something I write comes off as what.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
now run along, be good and dont pee on the grass :P

Must ... restrain ... urge ... for sarcasm ...

@ Lamuness-sama

As Garibaldi said once in a telegram:

“OBBEDISCO”.

I’ve a totally unrelated question for Lamuness:
What’s happened to the older threads of this particular forum (pages 50 & 51)?

honestly, i have no idea…may have been test threads when the company first started, may have been sth left behind when threads got deleted…i am just guessing

but i swear i purged all deleted threads and recalibrated the board when i was doing some housecleaning at the help forum before (about how to save in brave soul), so i really dunno; just ignore them :stuck_out_tongue: