Test Your School Uniform Knowledge

Are you a bad enough otaku to identify the anime/manga/game source of all these uniforms? 8)
Click on the URL below each image to see a larger version.
80 in total. Good luck! :stuck_out_tongue:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8467/uniform1.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5117/uniform2x.jpg

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/6555/uniform3.jpg

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8158/uniform4.jpg

Iā€™m positive I know 10 of those. Which is a lot more than I expected. Two more Iā€™m not sure of (Maria-sama ga miteru and Vampire Knight).

WHat I tried to do was to recall an anime/manga/game and find the matching uniform. Its probably the longer way but I managed to figure out 6. Maybe a couple more.

Nice list, must have been quite an effort to come up with the designs.

It feels kind of a copout to put the name of the school under every image. I can say, for instance, that I recognise the bottom left of uniform3.jpg but how do you know I didnā€™t just put ??? into Google to find out? =P The point is, even if I donā€™t recall the uniform immediately, if itā€™s an eroge Iā€™ve played and enjoyed I probably remember the name of the school =P (unless it only rarely gets mentioned) and just by being there in the image itā€™s probably going to stir my memory and make me realise ā€˜ah yes, they did have a uniform like thatā€™. Plus thereā€™s a couple, like ???, where the name of the SCHOOL is the name of the MANGA that the school is set in. Makes it a tad easy! (okay, okay, I googled it, but only to see if it was an eroge that was daring enough to have the characters in a school called ???.)

I was still able to recognise several of these, even some that werenā€™t from eroge (like the Angel Beats! uniforms) although it was the really distinctive ones (like Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru and Sore wa Maichiru Sakura no You ni) that I found the easiest.

I was merely able to find 14ā€¦ >_>

I got 45 of them right on the first try: though most of them were anime and not galge. :oops: Pretty much, only the girl uniforms were recognizable to meā€¦ surprised at how little I pay attention to the male outfits. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is true, but theyā€™re on there because so many anime/game/manga borrow their uniform designs from each other, so itā€™s to help make the correct distinction. I got Detective Conan and Ouran Host Club mixed up, because I tried avoiding the academy name (considered it a cheat too). :x Plus anyone could just do a Google search on ā€œanime school uniformsā€ and find the answers by others whoā€™ve done these sheets, or just look at the various image results.

Itā€™s on an honor system. :wink:

FIrst pic
First row pic 1 TO heart series
First row pic 2 Bakemonogatari/nisemonogatari
First row pic 3 D.C. Capo
2nd row last pic i know that one but i donā€™t like the manga so i donā€™t remember the title of the series

Second pic
first row 2nd pic Haruhi anime
first row 3rd pic Air anime isnā€™t it?
fourth row first pic Code Geass
5th row first pic card captor isnā€™t it? Been so long.
5th row 3rd pic lucky star?

third pic
first row first pic Clannad
first row 4th pic its that anime where a guy dress up as a girl to go to all girls school and is the eroge that mangagamer is currently in process of getting it sold i forgot name.

Fourth pic
third row 4th pic Its magical girl lyrical nanoha isnā€™t it.

Everything else, wakamarisen lol

Interesting, I never thought iā€™d be able to even recgonize the uniforms at first glance but apparently I can.

Using a numbering pattern ofā€¦

01 02 03 04
05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12
13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20

ā€¦for each set, these are the proposed answer keys. Feel free to make corrections and/or additions. Lack of a ā€œcheat sheetā€ High School identifier for SET #4 makes it hard for people to identify two of them (11 & 16), so that answer key is incomplete. :frowning:

SET #1

1. Lucky Star
  2. Bakemonogatari
  3. Bungaku Shoujo
  4. Tokimeki Memorial Girlā€™s Side: 2nd Kiss
  5. Cross Channel
  6. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
  7. Se-Kirara
  8. School Rumble
  9. Sharin no Kuni
  10. K-On
  11. Pretty Cure
  12. Hanamaru Kindergarten
  13. Cross Game
  14. Kanon
  15. Hitohira
  16. Kono Aozora Ni Yakusoku wo
  17. Maria-sama ga Miteru
  18. Bleach
  19. Marmalade Boy
  20. Whisper of the Heart

SET #2

1. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
  2. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
  3. Air
  4. Detective Conan
  5. Shugo Chara
  6. Persona 4
  7. Neon Genesis Evangelion
  8. Hitman Reborn
  9. Ashita no Kimi ni Au Tame ni
  10. Hiiro no Kakera
  11. Pretty Cure 5
  12. Fate/Stay Night
  13. Code Geass
  14. Durarara
  15. Kannagi
  16. Toradora
  17. Card Captor Sakura
  18. Amagami SS
  19. To Heart
  20. Tokimeki Memorial

SET #3

1. Clannad
  2. Macross Frontier
  3. To Aru Kagaku No Railgun
  4. Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru
  5. Nanatsuiro Drops
  6. Sexy Commando Gaiden
  7. Lamune
  8. Vampire Knight
  9. Hikaru no Go
  10. Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai!
  11. Sore wa Maichiru Sakura no You ni
  12. Fresh Pretty Cure!
  13. Mai hime
  14. Tokimeki Memorial 4
  15. Nogizaka Haruka No Himitsu
  16. G-senjou no Maou
  17. The Devil on G-string
  18. Ranma 1/2
  19. Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
  20. True Love Story

SET #4

1. Starry Sky
  2. Vitamin X
  3. La Corda Dā€™Oro
  4. Tokimeki Memorial Girlā€™s Side: 1st Love
  5. Star Driver
  6. Hiiro no Kakera
  7. Angel Beats
  8. Uta no Prince-sama
  9. Tennis no Ouji-sama
  10. Persona 3
  11. Magical Lyrical Girl Nanoha
  12. Shakugan no Shana
  13. HeartCatch PreCure!
  14. Himehibi
  15. Inazuma Eleven Go
  16. Gakuen Heaven
  17. Hakuoki
  18. Haruka Naru no Toki no Naka de

Heh I wondered about that one. What struck me is how similar the uniform is to ONEā€™s- ONE just doesnā€™t have the nice cuffs or the badge/pocket/whatever. I guess the story itself also had some major similarities to ONE so it makes some level of sense.
Set #4 11 is some ranobe turned manga turned anime while 16 is a PS2 otome game.

Iā€™ll admit, I just glanced through the pictures, but I sure expected to get more than 4, lol.

And to think of the money Iā€™ve spent on anime/manga/eroge over the years, Iā€™m a sad panda.

Yeah, I didnā€™t recognize any of those, though I played most of the eroge theyā€™re from. Guess I donā€™t pay attention to uniforms (which may or may not be a good thing).

I got the Clannad one but that was itā€¦

But going through the list, you get a lot ofā€¦ ā€œoh yeah!ā€ revelations on the stuff Iā€™ve seen.

This sort of puts the fact that so many of these (anime, manga, eroge, etc) take place in high schools into stark perspective, donā€™t it. And some of those outfits are pretty rediculous when compared to others. But I wonder if thereā€™s anything comparable for military/SF uniforms in anime.

I know six of them just by a glance the others I donā€™t. Not sure how I feel about that.