The 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time

PC World article

It’s a good read. Some of these everyone should be aware of.

so who still uses AOL today? :stuck_out_tongue:

uhh… I don’t. I use Turner/Warner Brothers Cable.

I am really surprising that Iomega was listed in worst 25 tech. I got two Zip Disk Drives 100 mb and 250 mb (both in pre-1998). Then both were not working for few years later. I did not know what wrong with both. I might bring both zip disk drivers to the computer store, later.

EDIT: I loved zip disks than floppy disks because floppy disks can not fit my works like avatars, homepages, tags, etc. Now, I will use flash discs for my works.

[ 05-27-2006, 11:46 PM: Message edited by: RonXE ]

While I never suffered from the US AOL, I reamber trying to set up AOL (AUST) for a friend of dad’s (he wouldn’t use anything else). Now that was a royal pain in the bloody arse.

…me. ._.

I’ve used an Iomega ZIP Drive in the past, many years back. Didn’t have any problems with it, so I, too, was surprised at seeing it in the listing.

Yeah, I do know that IE is crap (Benoit, you’re absolutely right), but I prefer Cheap Convenience for now, awaiting to see the next version of this cursed-but-too-widespread-for-eradication browser.
Besides, I’m merely an occasional Netsurfer, and I visit only a few safe (I hope!) sites, Japanese or not.

Any other browser is just as convenient to use. Besides, by using the crappy browser, you’re promoting non-standards.

It takes almost no effort to switch. Just try it.

Never went with zip disks, especally after i heard about them dying. I held out for my rewritiable CD-RIM drive (at the time…i got that and a rewritable DVD-ROM dual layer drive as well)…

I can’t believe though they had a mirco-sized computer on the market. That’s more of like something you show at a press conferance to say “look what we can do!” not sell to people. But it still wasn’t as good as the SoftRAM thing.

Many college students used zip disks, and removable hard disk drives (jaz, and others) because their projects required to hold more than one floppy disk (1.5 mb).

Now, they switched from them to USB Flash Disk.