The black cyc thread

I love Yuka she owns my soul and so does Black Cyc. I would love to see Gore Screaming Show, Gun Kantana, and Min Dead Blood in englis but that is probally just wishful thinking.

Just curious but has anyone here been able to make MUGEN versions of any of the Black Cyc characters?
Just wondering even though I have little idea how MUGEN character creation actually works ( I just watch videos of some fights posted on youtube). I remember on a forum somewhere that sopme Bible Black fans were at least attempting to make one for Imari, so I thought if that’s possible then why not characters from Black Cyc games. I know I’d like seeing MUGEN versions of Shizuru (regular and Vampire Road), Mayu and Mana, Yuka, and Arisa. Also from what I’ve played of Gun Katana, MUGEN versions of the characters from that would be cool too.

You have to understand something about Cyc: while the company earns money and has a nice sized fan base, it is not a mega popular group in the sense that Type-Moon or Circus or Alice Soft flood the Internets with. Cyc has a long ways to go, in terms of getting active fans to produce doujin of their works, before it ranks up there with the first tier companies. It has a lot to do, with Cyc targeting niche markets in general: they have a loyal and vocal following, but not a following that is active in producing fanart or what have you. Even on the few occasions Cyc holds “fan art” contests, the submission count is rather low. Not to say I’d want Cyc to go “mainstream” and dump hardcore dark eroge and unique gameplay engines - far from it - but it seems we “Sith Lords” and “Different Gamerplayers” don’t produce signs of our worship.

tl;dr - Cyc customers buy their products, but don’t do much else.

Alright I give up what are MUGENS ? also why is Alicesoft and CIRCUS famous - Da Capo rings a bell for the latter.

That’s because Sith Lords know it is better to remain hidden, otherwise when the masses of sheep become startled with the suspicion that there might be a non-sheep among them or near them, they will stampede— and even the most powerful Sith can die under their hooves if he is weighted down by trying to get too many “art books” and “collector memoribilia” out of their destructive path.

Mugen is a public domain customizable game-engine for 2D beat-em-ups in the style of Tekken or Street Fighter.
The engine is designed in a manner that people can create and add their own characters to it.

I am not too sure about CIRCUS at all, but AliceSoft…
… well, if you want to know some names of famous games made by them, then there are:

• Rance-series
  • Darcrows
  • Dai Akuji
  • Dai Banchou
  • Pastel Chime
    … and that’s far from being a complete list!
    They released plenty of games and usually, you won’t go wrong with buying them. And they are about as long in the business as ELF and Mink - meaning they already were famous and popular in the NEC-PC98-era!

Aries, Da Capo, Suika, My-Hime, True Tears…

And you call yourselves b-gamers. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not even my kinda genre. :wink:

Exactly!
B-gamers as in “backlog gamers”.

With my current backlog, I intentionally retract my feelers from brands that I don’t know yet, because I know that checking them out closely would only add to my backlog! :twisted: :stuck_out_tongue: :twisted:

For example: if I’d known that CIRCUS made My-Hime, I certainly would… NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Was just checking the Black Cyc site, and I saw this. :o

it appears the website I posted with the MDB collectible cards has gone to internet death. I cant seem to find them on the black cyc site though…help from veteran members :?

cool I want those books, I love Black Cyc