The Edelweiss thread of re-release (and fixed?) goodness

Yes, thats it Gin’Iro, i bought it, and borrowed it to a roommate, and he took it when he moved (prolly didnt know he had it still) anyway the translation in that game was so utterly horrid, you could tell they basically babelfished most of it or hired some chinese english speakers to translate it, anyway if i could read that, i can deal with a few minor errors in Edelweiss

There was a glitch that allowed people to install the game without inputing the activation code? I hope it’s not talking about how you can create backup files of the game after you’ve previously installed it, as per Nargrakhan’s method

That’s a nice website right there, clean design with all the information you need and a good set of sample images.

It even got me interested in the game! :lol: looks fun actually, how many hours of gameplay are we talking here? and did MG lowered the price for good? it was originally 45 euros right?

Yeah, Galge is a great site for info about these games. It blows Getchu out of the water.

One route in the game took me 12-13 hours, and there are 5 routes. I’d say the character specific portion of game was about 1/3 of it, so probably 25-30 hours. Of course, I’m making wild guesses since the other paths could vary wildly in length, so take it with a grain of salt.

Random thought: Does anyone think that Edelweiss’s girls… no, OVERDRIVE games’s girls look very much alike?

Quite a few companies use similar character designs from game to game. Take a look at Studio E.go! for example.

August and Zyx, too.It’s quite normal for games from the same company to look alike.Same artists,after all.But thats also one of their strong points,it makes it easier to recognize their games.

Finished Mei’s path today.So sad :(.But i think i like the way it ended.
Some thoughts about this game:
Story:Edelweiss is a light-hearted game, similar to Snow Sakura.Also the game have some mystery and magical elements,but mostly its a story of friendship and love.Full of funny moments,bittersweet moments,sad moments and happy endings…If you are fan of ren’ai,then you will love this game.
Art:Wonderful.This is the first time i played OVERDRIVE’s game and i’m really charmed by the way they draw their characters.
Music:What makes a great eroge?MUSIC.Well,if its really the case,then Snow drop is a great eroge right? :smiley: .heh.Music of edelweiss is very nicely done,with a rocking op song and 6 ed songs.NOW THAT’S WHAT I CALL EROGE!!!
Okay, now im back to the game 8) …

i only had a chance to finish haruka’s end

Finished at last! :smiley:
Haruka’s path is soo good!I nearly cried when she died but i’m glad it was happy ending.So was Mei’s… :frowning:
Did you see that scary-looking guy’s face in Haruka’s end? Freaked me out big time! :shock:
Hmm,The expansion pack would be released right?can’t wait to play Rin’s :mrgreen:

how many new girls and which girls are in the expansion

I think the girls in the fan disk are Sakura and Rin, the two girls that weren’t attainable in the original.

This

is

err… Edelweiss???

[size=150]This is the expansion: Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia[/size]

Enjoy :smiley:

I’m confused about how this would work, is it:

-like an expansion disc where it adds the other two girls stories to the main game?
-is it a stand alone game with only the new two routes available?
-or does it contain the original game plus the two new girls?

This.

They’re standalone sidestories featuring Sakura and Rin. Mirror-Moon’s chief translator has posted some brief impressions (no spoilers):

http://mirrormoon.org/blogs/takajun/200 … rtain_call

Ok, then that answers my first question, but gave me a new set :D, so:

Since a scenery is already written (for the original game), does this disk:

A)follows this path, and only have the two new scenarios as viable options
B)has a storyline focused only on the new stories

and since it’s only two girls and the whole setting/world has already been created, the price will be:
A) only a fraction of the price of the original game
B) since you already have them hooked up, full price for the eroge junkies!
C) somewhere in between

Or it will be like Bazooka Cafe’s “Valentine Special” :smiley:

The price is, certainly, cheaper than the original game.

Almost certainly B (for a fandisk, they assume you’ve played and finished the original first, so they don’t need to establish the background to the story etc.).

In just about every case, C for the price (3990 yen, versus 9240 for the original Edelweiss) Usually fandisks are a bit more expensive (around 6000-7000 yen), and their price roughly scales to the amount of content/length of the fandisk versus the original.

yeah just finished mei and working on natsume
2 more after natsume hope manga gamer does do the expansion