The general questions thread

like it says a thread for any sort of question to groups or individuals.

1. How did all the users who speak japanese learn ? college/self study/ native speaker

2. to all the admins how does your family feel about your job do they approve ?

3. @ Narg: did you get my PMs or is your inbox full ? :?:

I can’t speak fluent japanese, but I have some books that I’m using to teach myself. So far, it’s really hard, but I love the language so it’s fun too. :3

yeah I try too …but so far not much progress

I do not learn Japanese language. I use few Japanese words for fun- Sayonara, and Hai. I learned fews from American comic books, and films.

Self-taught.

Self study.

Self study :wink: :lol: .

damn everyone is se-taught. I probably could learn through self study I got 790/800 on reading comp SATs its more of a time factor

I just don’t check my PM box. I kinda drop on the site, check the most recent posts, then leave.

Been really busy with work these last few weeks. Two people quit their positions, the deadline for a project is drawing near, and everyone has triple workload. Not a nice time to be Narg. :frowning:

damn… sucks to be you man Im sorry hope everything goes better what is your job may I ask

Been learning japanese on and off for a long time but could never persevere. However, with visual novels… who knows… I could fall in love with the J language.

For those who’re fluent in it: it’s good to be able to understand Japanese so as to enjoy as much eroge as possible. :smiley:

To be honest, that’s the very reason why I started studying Japanese in the first place…

So did you manage to find the eroge you wanted to play? :slight_smile:

Been watching a LOT of subbed anime going back … god. Going on 10 years.

I finally got off my ass and signed up for Japanese class. Finished 101 and 102. Plan on taking more classes, then working my way up to eroge.

Mostly learned through online references (plus a few years of Japanese back in primary school and highschool which gave me a bit of a starting point, I guess). Basically all of my practice is through eroge, and the occasional light novel.

I’ve been studying Japanese for some time now, taken several courses at the university where I work, etc. etc. After some initial sucess, I hit the wall at about Genki II level and since then I haven’t been able to bring myself to do any studying. It’s a pretty hard language to learn if you don’t live in Japan and don’t have to use it every day.